“Choose somewhere else if you like privacy”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cusco
Hotel Sol Plaza Inn
Ranked #144 of 164 Hotels in Cusco
North Wales
“Choose somewhere else if you like privacy”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

First of all the reason for the two stars, I stayed here twice on my recent trip to Peru once at the beginning and at the end. This was booked through a tour company so had no say where I was staying. For the first stay I would have given it 1 star and for the second 3 stars so have gone halfway with 2 stars.

The hotel is in an ideal location on one of the streets just off the Plaza de Armas. When you enter the hotel it is set around a very nice courtyard and the lady on the front desk was friendly. But the room I had when I first arrived was terrible, the bed was very uncomfortable, the bed linen dark and patterned (a bad sign in any hotel, you need white linen to ensure it is clean), the pillow was really bad, there was no room to put anything, no desk and worse of all there was frosted glass on the door so the people outside the room could blatantly see me in the room. There was no curtain or anything to cover it. It would definitely not be suitable for a frisky couple as you would have an audience in no time. Also the Walls where paper thin allowing you to hear everything going on on that floor including conversations, people being sick and by far the worse people going to the bathroom both number one and number two.

Breakfast was a mix of bread, ham and cheese but as the ham and cheese were left out with no cover I gave them a miss.

I did have laundry done there and the price was very reasonable, I think about 7 Soles per kilo.

The second time I stayed there the room was better, away from the main area and bigger.

But reception did not pass a message on from my tour company informing me of a change to my flight, which meant I could have had an extra hour in bed. To me that is not good enough, it would have taken anything to slip a note under my door to tell me.

I would say the only good thing about this hotel is the location and the friendliness of some of the staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank diveteam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I spent 3 nights at this hotel when I traveled to Cuzco last month as part of a package booked in Lima. The location is very good since it is a few steps away from the Plaza de Armas, and in a safe street with plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. The personal who works there are friendly and helpful, but when i asked for additional services such as telephone calls from my room with a prepaid card or checking the tv control, i had to do it twice. The bathrooms are clean, with hot water, but in the bedroom the bedspread was stained, the rest was ok. Breakfast was good, with fresh juice, fruits, and good bread, and ready for the ones who needed it early. Overall good.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo