“A wonderful place to stay in Cusco”
Review of Llipimpac

Llipimpac
Ranked #32 of 455 Specialty Lodging in Cusco
canada
“A wonderful place to stay in Cusco”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed with our family of 5 and were very impressed by the quality of this lovely hostel for such a reasonable price. We stayed for a number of days, as it is in the perfect location for walking to the Plaza de Armas. When we arrived, there was an agent at the hostel that helped us arrange our trip to Machu Picchu and the other sites around Cusco. This was totally unexpected and so we were a bit leary at first about at first. However, it was absolutely worth it to have them take care of those arrangements for us. They did a superb job of arranging everything to the letter, and our time went very smoothly as a result. The staff at the hostal even looked after our luggage while we were gone for the two day trip to Machu Picchu. I would recommend this place to any traveller. The only small drawback was that we do not speak Spanish. Even so, at the Hostal Llipimpac they did their vey best to make our time in Cusco a wonderful success.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gfree_63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
Reviewed June 7, 2012

When you first see the hotel you will be shocked. You would never expect something like this it looks terrible. But once you go to your room it is beautifull and amazing.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Mrrobbiedowning
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is small hostal in Cusco, It has 12 rooms aprox, I was very skeptical about the place, but a Peruvian friend recommended it to me. I came with my husband and our four kids. We stayed at the Marriot in Miraflores, Lima, so we were worried about this place.
The place was super clea, hot water, nice sheets, small hotel. Not like the Marriott of course, but if you want to stay in a place were you can get a feel of the peruvian culture, this is it.
It is clean, comfortable, safe, and it also provide very good breakfast.
I will stay again here without a doubt.
Super price, super service. The only thing is that they do not accept credit cards, is not expensive so that was not a problem.

My peruvian friend recommended us the best guide ever. He is an adventurous guide, who can also take you to every place explaining everything, our teenage sons were thrilled, this makes all the diffrenece in the world, for half the price regular guides are.
I never writte this reviews, we have been to europe, america , south america, and this is the best trip ever, i will like to share his email if any of you are interested, thelastinkas@gmail.com, his name is Raul, he does the inka trail, and he will take you inside the culture, magical experience.

Room Tip: if yout travel with big families try the room with two floors, excellent.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wdowning1
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I really appreciated this place, with it's central location, quiet backyard and friendly staff. And wifi!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This family run lodge was great. My wife and I stayed here for four days as we acclimatized to the altitude. The staff was very helpful. They would prepare breakfast for us early in the morning on days that we had scheduled day trips and had an early start.
The rooms were modest and had everything we needed. They also had a small TV with a dvd player, which was nice on the day that we were not feeling well. Besides the room the general lodge had a small courtyard and small den where people could hang out. While we were there, my wife and I meet interesting people. The location was also great; we were able to walk to most everything from Llipimpac. If we ever get a chance to go back to Cusco, we'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Very friendly staff, excellent breakfeast, great shower. You loved it!! The only negative point was that the room was a litle cold at night... and the heater is paid...

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank SaraRCC
Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Spent 10 days in Cusco and enjoyed my stay at Llipimpac. The hotel is a colonial house centrally located in Cusco and away from the traffic. My bedroom was cold at night, but very clean and comfortable. Breakfasts (huevo frito, bread and coffee) was delicious. Staff were so friendly and helpful and made me feel so welcome. I love plants and this hotel has plenty of them all over the place. The pictures in the dining area are members of the family, which is good to know (I love black and white pictures). I want to return to Peru in the future and will stay at this place again.
Please see my videos of this hotel:

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo