TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing trip with the best tour guide ever!

It was my first trip to South America and I was a bit nervous at first. But our tour guide John... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
yukam2609
via mobile
Amazing Solo Trip!

My first solo trip was guided by John and as with any new experience I was nervous about how this... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
U7758TDannan

All reviews an amazing tour guide bars restaurants etc once in a lifetime amazing trip south america wealth of knowledge machu picchu making sure sights peru instructions leader adventure company culture parts highlights
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I traveled with John as my guide for 3 weeks in October 2018 on my first solo trip. I was a little nervous to start with as I didn't know what to expect, but within minutes John had made us all feel relaxed and welcome and confident in the tour ahead.

He is incredibly organised and every day has an itinerary (day sheet) ready at reception for the following day so you can be prepared for when to set your alarm, what to bring with you and what to expect.

He makes sure you get the full experience in every place you visit and is so knowledgeable of the culture/history/funny stories that it never gets boring listening to him. He keeps every day fun and interesting and has boundless energy which is infectious (handy when you have the super early starts before a full day of trekking!)

During the free time he is more than happy to give recommendations of places to go and things to see and he always knows the best bars/restaurants etc to suggest so you will never be disappointed!

This trip was an 8 year dream for me that I finally got around to doing and I honestly couldn't have asked for a better experience which is in huge part down to John and his planning, leadership and guidance through one of the most incredible parts of world. I will be forever grateful and would love to return again one day.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2019

John was a great tour guide who lead us from the coast of Lima to the Mountain ranges of Cusco. He gave us all the best spots to visit in the city and in the country side. Being a local the history was very close to him as he told about his ancestors. He showed us all the best places to eat and all the best sights to see to really get a sense of the culture of Peru. I really look forward to coming back and seeing the country again.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed September 16, 2019

John is an amazing tour guide. His knowledge of Peru was amazing. He did everything in his power to make sure the trip was smooth.

Even when there were unexpected issues, John was swift to deal with them always making sure safety was the first priority.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed September 15, 2019

Had an amazing journey with John. He showed us the major tourist attractions and then took us to places you'd only know if you're a true local. John's has superior knowledge on the history of the region and is also a fantastic translator. Definitely will be choosing John and Machu Picchu Tours for my next trip to Peru

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed September 15, 2019

John made our tour very exciting and fun. He went out of his way to fulfill our needs. He was so helpful in situations by recommending places to visit eventhough our tour with him was already done. He even follow up days later to ask if we had returned safely home. What a great tourguide !!

Date of experience: December 2018