“Best in Cusco”

Chicha por Gaston Acurio
Ranked #63 of 770 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went here on the recommendation of the concierge from our hotel. The food was amazing and the service was excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,037)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our tour guide pointed us in the direction of this restaurant. We were staying at Aranwa Boutique Hotel around the corner, also with good food, but we were looking to get out of the hotel. Chi Cha did not disappoint. We made reservations which was a good thing since the restaurant got very crowded with tourists as well as locals. We ordered way too much food and could barely touch our main dishes. The caldo de gallina was superb with a rich broth and a hen-stuffed dumpling. We split a bowl, and they brought us two huge bowls of soup. Then we ordered the creamy potatoes, and they were not good. It was a plate with three or four kinds of boiled potatoes with a couple of different sauces. Very bland, and very heavy. We also ordered what were basically spring rolls stuffed with ground beef and ground chicken with avocado sauce and a creamy pepper sauce. These were fabulous and were six on a plate. That was plenty of food, but no. We also ordered main courses. My husband ordered the beef cheek with mashed potatoes, and I ordered the seafood risotto with trout and scallops. My dish was fair. The scallops were tough, but the trout was good. I ate as much as I could. The beef cheek was very tender and tasty, and the mashed potatoes were excellent. There was a wide variety of cocktails and wine, and the service was very courteous and respectful of not rushing you. I would return to this restaurant for different mains and more chicken soup!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have eaten at ChiCha in Arequipa and Cusco. The food is always good, the presentation lovely, the restaurants themselves nicely decorated and both offer local food, ie Arequipean food in Arequipa and Cusquenan food in Cusco. My only complaint is that if you get a really traditional dish and you have had the benefit of having a Peruvian cook for you, their dishes don't seem worth it as their truly traditional dishes are no better than in other places. Stick with their fusion.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Chi Cha is a great example of Peruvian fusion at its best!
The fish tartar was just amazing (photo)!
Main course and drinks were also same class. All waiters are really polite and the atmosphere is cool but also sophisticated.
Thumbs up for Chi Cha!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you can afford it go for it every day, you wont regret it. Gaston acurio is famous cheff from peru, so you know the food is great. The dishes are out of this world. I love the lomo saltado and all the desserts like the banana mousse with manjar blanco. My mouth is watering just by thinking of them