“Excellent”

Chicha por Gaston Acurio
Ranked #102 of 817 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

More of an upscale modern experience, Chi Cha is pricier than most places in Cusco. It's also delicious. The trout ceviche was excellent, better than any fish I expected to get in the Andes. Not as transcendent as the seafood in Lima, but still exceptionally good. I loved the Abobo, a spicy and tangy pork stew with tender on-the-bone ribs and a whole Peruvian pepper. It was the perfect comfort food for those cold Cusco evenings. As in all Gaston's restaurants, the service is first-rate, the food beautifully presented, and the drinks outstanding. What better way to combat the soroche than with copious amounts of Pisco? Actually, there are much better ways - but none are tastier.

Reviews are mixed on this place; it really seems to depend on what you order. Based on what was coming out of the kitchen, I would opt for the simple Peruvian classics over the forays into fusion. The menu includes gringo options like burgers and pizza, which looked fine - but I've eaten thousands of burgers. I'll remember that stew for the rest of my life.

1  Thank yeahwrite
Write a ReviewReviews (4,239)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This restaurant is a good example of Peruvian "fine dining". The restaurant interior is bright, welcoming and modern.

The menu offers modern cuisine, but including many Peruvian standards, so diners can choose to go for something fancy or something simple which is cooked with care and attention. The food is beautifully presented, and the portions are plentiful.

There is a good wine list, and an extensive cocktail list - the pisco sour is excellent.

The restaurant is very popular (reservations recommended) and has a good atmosphere. Service is attentive and helpful.

Not the cheapest restaurant in Cusco, but if you want to sample Peruvian cuisine at its best, in a comfortable and welcoming restuarant, ChiCha is recommended.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Wonderful dishes prepared in this lovely restaurant. Traditional Peruvian dishes with a flair. Greatly enjoyed.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We were offered dinner for 2 at this restaurant by the tour company we were travelling with as a complimentary for their mistake in our tour planning. We didn't know anything about the place before going. Wow! Great food and hip hop decor. Excellent ambiance and good service. We ordered variety of pork and chicken dishes and everything we tried is delicious. A must eat place in Cusco, Where else you can try Gastón Acurio's Peruvian cuisine other than Cusco! Night view of Cusco city lights from windows is beautiful.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I´ve eaten here twice now for lunch and enjoyed it both times. The wait staff was helpful and patient and willing to make recommendations on dishes although one of them got a little impatient when I told them that the password for their wi-fi was not working. They gave me a free taste of their chicha de jora (local corn beer) which was delicious. They lowered the volume of the music when it was too loud for me. I´m a pork lover so one day I had the pork belly and the 2nd day the adobo pork. Both times it was good and combined well with flavors.