“A Gaston restaurant in Cusco!”

Chicha por Gaston Acurio
Ranked #52 of 691 Restaurants in Cusco
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lima, Peru
“A Gaston restaurant in Cusco!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Gaston has finally branched out of Lima and moved into Cusco! The food was great and the restaurant moderately busy for a late lunch time. As a limeña, I did notice that many of the dishes on the Chicha menu were also on the menu at Gaston's restaurants in Lima (Madam Tusan, Panchita, Astrid y Gaston), but regardless they are great dishes and if you can't try his Lima restaurants, definitely visit Chicha! The tequeños de lomo saltado and ají de gallina were great, the lechon was excellent! Service was impeccable. While I primarily spoke with them in Spanish, all of the waitstaff spoke English very well and were helpful in making recommendations.

South Pasadena, CA
“Poor Service - Better to Go Elsewhere on Vacation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

When paying the prices of a place like chi cha. A certain level of courtesy and quality is expected.

When you have a limited time on vacation, it is best to stick to places that want to make the customer happy.

Upon recommendation of our hotel we ended up at chicha. We were excited for a big night out as we heard it was good we were ready for drinks, appetizers, postre, all of it My husband ordered salad and traditional pullo. He found it ok, not bad but he didn't rave. I tried a new dish for me. Unfortunately I'm not fluent in Spanish and our waiter recommended it to me. He forgot to tell me though that it has a tomato base. I'm not a fan of tomatoes and barely touched it, though I let my husband try some of the meat. The whole thing went so poorly, I was hungry and tired after a great day at the ruins and was so polite to the waiter. When I asked them if they could take it off the bill, I got a resounding no.

This may not be an issue for everyone, but we had amazing service at Inka Grill the night before. With a little courtesy the waiter let us bring our own wine and I feel confident he would ave advised us towards a better suiting dish to make our night go well.

Hungry, tired frugal and nonconfrontational in nature, I started crying during our conversation. The manager acted like I was crazy. What was supposed to be a big splurge on delicious food ended up to be a huge and hungry disappointment.

There are so many choices in Cusco. Go for someone who appreciates the customer.

New York City, New York
“Top notch local cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I really liked this place, but I made the mistake of choosing a main course that I could probably have anywhere in the world. The pork belly was nice and good and a great dish, but not uniquely Peruvian, which is what I was looking for. My mistake. The starter was a different story. We shared the potatoes...which doesn't sound that interesting, but it was. Flavors from potatoes that I didn't know existed, and so tasty.
It's a pretty fancy place, and a little starchy...if I had to describe the atmosphere. It takes itself quite seriously, but that's a subjective opinion. I know some people love that kind of thing.
I think you could have the best of the best of local food here, but I chose the wrong dish for it. My rating would probably be higher if I'd had a chance to go back for a second meal.

New York City, New York
“Local Cuisine with a High End Spin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Chi Cha is very good but I wouldn't quite call it excellent. The service and atmosphere are more upscale compared to most of the other restaurants we visited in Cusco. It was recommended by our hotel concierge as a good authentic Peruvian place and we did see lots of locals, not just tourists there.

We started with the potatoes appetizer (4 ways) which was interesting and tasty. My boyfriend had the pork belly on the recommendation of the waiter. He was it was good, but he felt like he could have had it anywhere. My vegetarian casserole (can't remember the name) was very good.

We were too full for dessert so we skipped it.

chicago
“over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

i dont get whats the noise for. i know acurio and its reputation sell by themselves but i think the whole idea is over rated. the food was ok, the service was not good though.

Visited July 2012