“When you don't get service in 20 min. in an empty restaurant, something is wrong”
Review of Greens Organic

Greens Organic
Ranked #57 of 862 Restaurants in Cusco
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This is an era of many awakenings. People want the ability to control their diet, to know where their food comes from. Health has prevailed as the correct path to be followed, while the sustainability of our ecosystem has become a priority for today’s conscious travelers. Our organic garden in the town of Lamay, in the Sacred Valley, along with our partners, the local small-scale farmers, supply our kitchen with the ingredients and super foods used to assemble a versatile, modern, and surprising cuisine. We have designed each dish, each detail on our menu to disprove the myth that what is clean cannot be surprising and what is healthy cannot be exciting. Open your senses to a life of evolution and purity, making the most of each moment with energy throughout your day. Come to Greens and discover a menu tailor-made to complement your energy and your love for life. Because we know that green is good, our doors are open for you all day long!
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Around 8pm, Saturday evening, we entered this clean, attractive restaurant to find it empty except for a server behind the bar and a waiter in the corner talking on his cell phone... After waiting to be seated and noting that no one cared to seat us, oh well, we selected from one of many tables and sat. After about 5 minutes, and seeing the waiter still on his cell, I got up and went towards him. He saw me coming and he grabbed two menus and, while still holding his cell in the one hand, he dropped them on the table with the other, turned and went back to his corner. I sat down and reviewed the menu, noting that on the wall there was a promoted special, I sought out the "Cell Man"....he was standing in the corner continuing his call. After another 6 or 7 minutes I called, ever so quietly, out across the restaurant... he looked up, annoyed, and came over and begrudgingly answered my questions about the offer.... when finished, he turned around and went back across the room, to his corner and continued on his cell... I can only deduce that 1) he had a marriage that was coming apart (not likely, as he was no more that 20 years old), 2) that he had a medical emergency (not likely, as he was no more that 20 years old), 3) he was an upcoming political boss and had a political crisis (not likely, right, yada, yada) or, 4) OR, he was talking to his girlfriend who was ticked off at him because he ignored her recently... Hey, wait, I can identify with that, the being ignored part .... So, (after a total of about 20 minutes) we gathered up our coats and departed. He didn't even look up from his call to see us leaving.... Oh well. See you "Cell Man"

4  Thank fdoamerica
Write a ReviewReviews (2,379)

Reviewed November 24, 2009

Excellent location on the second floor, just off the main square of old Cusco, with excellent balcony seating. A little more expensive than other restaurants in the area, this restaurant pays special attention to the source and quality of all of its ingredients. While many of the featured ingredients may be traditional to the area, preparation and presentation is gourmet and modern, with portions on the smaller side.

Reviewed October 25, 2009

Don't pass this place up because of the menu. We almost did because it didn't sound too exciting and my Fiance is definitely a meat-and-potatoes-nothing-healthy-or-organic type guy. We tried it and we were hooked! So much flavor and high quality fresh products. He even asked me to return two more times.

We ate there around 3-4 times and because we loved the chicken curry so much ordered the same thing over and over again. I wish we would have tried some of the other items on the menu. They also have this drink that I loved: green apple, celery, and rosemary. It was really unlike anything ever had. The interior is also decorated to perfection. So much attention to detail. I love this place. The only con is one night our rice came over really overcooked and crispy, but we still went back because this place is amazing. Can't say enough good things.

Reviewed October 1, 2009

I don't always eat right when I travel and was so thankful to find Greens Organic. Greens is located on the second floor just off the plaza past the little convenience store Gatos Market. The ambiance is laid back, they have regulat tables and couches, WiFi and excellent fresh fruit juices and organic menu options. I am not a vegetarian so I was happy to see chicken, lamb, and trout on the menu mixed in with the fresh organic produce and the wonderful herbs and spices their chef is utilizing.

The service was relaxed but attentive and there is even a small balcony with a decent view of the Plaza de Armas. I also heard the rumor that breakfast will soon be served at Greens as well.

So for a healthy and delecious break from "travel food" and possibly too much night life, Greens is a excellent option for something tasty and good for you. My freinds and I really enjoyed it and made it our meeting place while we were in Cusco.

Reviewed September 17, 2009

When in Cusco in November 2008, I enjoyed two great dinners at Greens. I ordered the buffet both times, and had to stop myself from eating more and more and more. After a week of traveling in Bolivia, it was a great treat to be able to eat vegetables and salads without concern. One look in to the kitchen (bottled water, spotless stainless steel appliances, color-coded cutting boards, etc.) showed this to be a thoroughly modern restaurant. The food was innovative and delicious.
Don't expect to pay prices that are much less than a nice vegetarian restaurant in the US. It's worth it.
After you've eaten your fill and enjoyed a nice bottle of wine, step out on to the flower-laden Plaza de Armas, where there are frequently public cultural activities such as music and dance.
A great experience in a truly world class city.