“Robbed too!”

Net House
Ranked #64 of 340 Cusco B&B and Inns
“Robbed too!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at the property in July and left my luggage at reception while I hiked the inca trail. When I returned my tablet was missing from my luggage. It was locked in my suitcase and in a makeup bag within that so that had a good rummage to find it. When I asked the girl on duty she said there was no way this could have happened. I reported the theft to the police in Lima as was leaving Cusco on an early flight. Don't stay at this property!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Cafeconleche625
Nethouse-Peru, Propietario at Net House, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
We deplore what happened, It has been taken the necessary meassures, All the personnel has been removed and improved better security systems in order to assure the services to our clients.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was very disappointed to have left our luggage with reception. When you leave your valuables with the hotel staff you expect for it to be taken care of.
When we got our luggage back, our iPhone was missing along with the earphones (they needed the set I guess, more street value). When we confronted the only guy who was on duty and there were no other guests by the way, he said that he didn't touch 'the black bag'. I hadn't even told him in which bag it was but obviously he knew which one because he was familiar with it.
I rang the owner and he said 'nothing of that sort had happened at the hotel before', I told him that I read tripadvisor and someone else (July 2013) had their IT goods stolen off them - left at reception as well. He said that someone brought friends and maybe it was them?? That's weird, I thought that kind of activity had never happened before.
I told him I want my phone back and that I will be waiting for his call.
Also, the hotel is supposed to have a 24 hours front desk. It's not true because we stayed out for 20 mins at 6am waiting for someone to open the door. Another guest opened the door for us and they told me they had exactly the same problem. I told the hotel to take that off because its misleading. It's a reason why we chose to stay with them.

To be continued.....

P.S - if you stay here, please buy a super lock to keep Kevin out. A good lock is his Kryptonite

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Moi C
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

This B&B was great comfort to come home to. After been out on tours early in the morning it was nice to come home to a nice, clean, warm room where the hosts were more than happy to help with any enquiry you had. The location is good next to San Pedro Markets and directly opposite is a good sized supermarket that has brasserie chickens, alcohol and all your other needs.

This hotel is very reasonably priced, and I would have no hesitation in staying there again or recommending it for anyone who is on tour to Cusco and its surrounds.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LewishamOz
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

For 1-2 nights in Cuzco this place is fine. Any longer, you will regret it. I stayed a total of 5 nights. This place is small therefore it ensures you can hear your neighbors, conversations with staff, phones/bells ringing, doors shutting. Most people who are in Cuzco are rising early for a tour, trek, or flight. Without earplugs forget sleeping in.

Breakfast is literally bread, tea, juice, and jam and there are no other options. Fortunately there is a full size grocery store literally across the street. You can bulk up on food. A place for you to keep your food separate from other guests is provided (that was nice). Only problem is that the kitchen was not equipped for cooking a real meal.

The staff is very helpful and nice but a bit disorganized at times. You need to be a bit patient.

There's always hot water in the shower, which is amazing. Space heaters are provided in the room but are essentially worthless. The hotel gets little natural light. Its cold in there throughout the day. The heavy blankets do work though.

There's a great common space with a big TV and cable. Little TVs also in every room. Great little nook/ closet areas in the rooms to unpack your bags. Like I said. Nice for a pit stop. Don't stay longer.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Khoyuela
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week in Cusco and had a great time. The Net House is a small B&B in the center of Cusco... It was the perfect location to be in!

There are only a few rooms in service so it is a very quiet B&B where you can get a good night's sleep. All the rooms have private bathrooms, which we loved and the rooms and bathrooms are cleaned every other day. The rooms also had heaters in them, which is rare in Peru - and very helpful during the cold nights!

The service at Net House is great! The staff was always helpful in answering our questions and the owner even helped me out by giving me coca tea when I had food poisoning... it was so sweet! They also let us store our bags at their B&B during our Inca Trail hike even after we checked out of the B&B.

The only improvement I can think of would be the breakfast. The breakfast is simply just stale bread, butter, jam, and coffee... For one week of eating this every morning, it got a little old! Other than that though, we had a great stay. The only reason I rated it as a 4 is the breakfast could be improved and at $35/night, one might be able to find cheaper accommodations in Cusco for a place of similar quality!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LandingStanding
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

Our family (2 adults and 2 children - ages 5 and 8) stayed at Net House for 3 nights - we were there during a travel strike. The staff was very helpful and worked with us to reschedule reservations (bus, train) to Machu Picchu. When we went to Aguas Calientes for a night we were permitted to leave our luggage in Net House for no charge. The hotel was very clean and whenever we needed anything the staff was always there for us. If we head back to Cusco we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Binningen, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

Perfekt service
cleen rooms with privat bath and TV
Only 5 wlk minuts from the main plaza