Tripadvisor
Cusco

All reviews guide roger airport drop recommend booking planning process an unforgettable experience incredible job great guide exceeded expectations day trek rainbow mountain inca trail trip to machu picchu salt mines tour companies sacred valley walking tour javier
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2018

I traveled with my sister and some friends to Cusco in order to do the Inca Trail. First Step Expeditions made the process very easy with their great customer service and amazing staff! The trek itself is somewhat challenging (especially if you are not used to the altitude); just remember to stop and look around at the incredible views and you will be fine! The food prepared for us on the trek was delicious and if you have any specific diet or food restrictions, they accommodate that as well.
Last but not least, my guide Roger. He always made sure everyone was okay and also made sure everyone was having a good time! He was extremely knowledgeable and had tons of information to share with us about the history of the Incan empire, etc.
I highly recommend First Step Expeditions!

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank GricelMarie18
Javier H, Owner at First Step Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Thank you so much for posting a review for us. Hope to see you again next time!

Reviewed December 22, 2017

I have never been on an easier vacation (to plan...) Blair helped coordinate everything from our flights (including tricky local connections) to our restaurant reservation on our long layover on the way back. We got packing lists, information, itineraries etc.. Once we got there we had a city tour and lunch to start off, a pre trip orientation and then we were off!
The hike was very well organized. Lots of help and staff to take care of food and tents, all we had to do was hike. The food was so delicious and shockingly fancy (every meal had 3 courses!) We felt very taken care of and safe on our hikes, and our guide Roger was very knowledgeable and fun to spend 5 days with.
I have no reservations about recommending First step- great quality and great value.

Date of experience: October 2017

Thank you so much for the review! We are so happy you had a wonderful trip!

Reviewed April 25, 2017

Owner and guide Javier led me and 15 others on the 4 day trek to Machu Picchu. He's 100% professional, knowledgable and a good man. It was an incredible trip full of adventure, learning, exploration and a lot of laughs. I'm excited his new venture First Step Expeditions and have full confidence in its success. Book with Javier and have a GREAT time exploring beautiful Peru. ADVENTURE!

Date of experience: December 2016
Javier H, Owner at First Step Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Thank you so much Derek. And thank you for posting a photo. Great memories!

Reviewed April 16, 2017

My husband and I visited Peru a year or so ago and First Step Expeditions planned EVERYTHING from A-Z ... it was seriously the most well thought out trip I think we've ever taken. We're not huge "adventurers" and they were able to come up with an incredible trip tailored to our individual tastes that was still ridiculously exciting (they are also experienced hikers x20 (I swear Javi is part mountain-goat - he can climb anything!) - but they can plan the complete gamut of trips for you!). We took a train ride to Aguas Calientes (city closest to Machu Pichu) that was breathtaking and we were able to take a few more bus tours around as well to see sites in the Cuzco area. Hands down the best planners you could ask for, and Javi has such incredible knowledge of his home country that it is mind blowing - his love for Peru shines through in everything that they plan for you! My husband and I cannot recommend them highly enough - 20 stars!

Date of experience: September 2016

Thank you for your review! We will see you next time!

Reviewed March 28, 2017

Javier was my guide on a 5-day hike through the Andes. Not only was he a great guide, but he knows so much about the rich history of Peru. At every stop, Javier would teach us about about the history and tell us many stories about the people of Peru. I couldn't recommend him enough!

Date of experience: April 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words!