The Hotel has an excellent location & is on a quiet street close to the main square, San Blas neighborhood and other Cusco’s attractions. The property is awesome inside and outside. The courtyard facing the rooms is a value added with a great atmosphere. I personally fell in love with the decoration of the hotel! The colonial building is decorated with a modern touch and it has an artistic flair. Rooms are spacious with high ceilings, modern furniture, comfortable beds and very nice bathrooms. We also had a balcony overlooking the courtyard, which was very nice indeed. WiFi signal was surprisingly strong! The breakfast buffet was excellent; with a great selection of traditional Peruvian food and international dishes. The spa is charming, inspired to the Inca culture and it has an interesting list of treatments, with steam bath, hydro-massage pool and a nice view of San Blas neighborhood. The relaxing massage I had was wonderful, I still can remember it! Staff is extremely helpful and kind. Front desk people were always very professional and eager to solve any kind of issues and to give any kind of tips on what to do, where to eat, and where to shop in Cusco. It was without doubt an amazing experience and I would certainly stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cartagena CuscoHigh in the Peruvian Andes lies the historic city of Cuzco, famous for its unique blend of Spanish and Incan cultures. Located just off a tranquil square behind the main plaza of Cuzco, Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa Cusco emerges after years of restoration, which respected the original design of the historic house, to become one of the most exclusive boutique hotels in the city. Its walls of carved stone, which combines warmth, elegance and perfection, invite you to experience the fascinating magic and traditional mysticism that will transport you through time in this historic Spanish house declared a cultural heritage site of Peru.Its lovely atmosphere was built on an ancient Incan site, occupied by the ruling nobility of that time and from which it takes its name: Casa Cartagena, former property of the local Spanish ruler of Cuzco, Don Fernando Cartagena and Santa Cruz.This luxury hotel in Cuzco is an intimate refuge that has only sixteen spacious and comfortable suites, which perfectly blend the modern with the ancestral and luxury with the historical. The rooms are distributed symmetrically along a spacious patio of your dreams where time is suspended. It is located in the historic center of Cuzco, which was declared by UNESCO as a world heritage site.Recovery from an exhausting trip to Machu Picchu or the Sacred Valley of the Incas with our Qoya Spa will be something truly unequalled. It can be perfectly complemented with a delicious dinner in our restaurant which offers the best of local cuisine, "La bodega de la Chola", where poet Pablo Neruda was inspired and Che Guevara shared bohemian nights; it is considered one of the best restaurants in Cuzco.All of these unique features of Casa Cartagena and our warm and personalized service will make your stay in Cuzco an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Casa Cartagena And Spa
- Hotel Casa Cartagena Cusco