Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa
$114
$91
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

$110
JW Marriott
  • Pool
$405
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmaster suitepisco sour lessoncomplimentary pisco soursroyal suitemachu picchubeautiful hotelmodern furniturerooms are hugesteam roomevery eveningcoca teaoverlooking the courtyardthe main squarecolonial architecturestone wallsrooms faceturn down service
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were in Peru from Feb. 20 - March 2, 2013. This was my wife's favorite hotel. Ain't was vy comfortable, the food was great, location excellent, the staff was very service oriented, and the restaurant had excellent food and would cook to order.
Would recommend to anyone and its worth the money.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Staying here at this hotel before and after hiking the Inca Trail has been a great pleasure at this hotel. The restaurant the food they make is seriously stunning. Even the breakfast even the breads were made by themselves. Every evening we got a complimentary drink and after the 4 day hike on the Inca Trail while relaxing in the warm swimming pool they gave me a nice juice to go with. Also the Fresh Coca Tea at the entrance for you to take when you want is also an added Bonus.

The Spa is also a recommendation I had a traditional massage that was excellent and prepared me for the 4 day hike on the Inca Trail.

Also the distance from the Main Square is really good. I would seriously recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: In busy time try to get a room not on ground floor as the floors are from wood so you would hear your upstairs neighbours if they move a lot whilst in room. Out of the total of 5 nights we only had slightly that one night.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm so thrilled to see Casa Cartagena receive a few Trip Advisor rewards this year. After much searching for a "boutique hotel in Cusco," we decided to book a reservation for September of 2012, as we needed to book a stay a couple days prior to (in order to acclimate), as well as the day after, our 4 day Inca Trail expedition. The location is perfect (only a couple of blocks down to the main square, but also set back enough that there are no noise issues whatsoever). The rooms are gorgeous, the property lovely, and the food fantastic (breakfast on the balcony is one of my favorite memories). I only wish that I had one more night there before heading back!

They really do deserve their "best service" award, and just to give you an idea of why they do - when we arrived back from our very long hike to Machu Picchu, the kitchen was closed (it was about 11pm). They knew how exhausted we were, and were more than happy to put together a salad and a couple of sandwiches for us so we wouldn't have to leave the property and search for dinner. Just phenomenal.

P.S. The "learn how to make your own Pisco Sour" class was so very enjoyable. Be sure to drag yourself down to the bar and take advantage of it!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony (or a patio) - lovely for enjoying breakfast in the morning!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed one night at Casa Cartagena and it was a pleasure from start to finish. After a smooth check in (they knew my name and were waiting for me) coca tea, juice and aperitifs were brought to the room. A free pisco sour at the bar was also very much appreciated. The room was very spacious and the bed incredibly comfortable. There was even a private balcony with a gorgeous view on to the courtyard. When I arrived the spa was closed but they organized a mineral bath in my room instead. The staff helped me organize a taxi to the airport and were extremely attentive and pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at Casa Cartagena twice during our Peruvian holiday organised by Kuoda Travel, before we headed off to Sacred Valley and on our return from Machu Picchu. The hotel is a very short walk to the main square. The staff were professional, helpful and friendly. The rooms are mix of contemporary and traditional as is the whole hotel. It is a luxury boutique hotel that has all the amenities of the larger hotels down the road. The restaurant was excellent and the breakfast choice was plentiful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple