“Misleading website and overpriced” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inca Spa - Cusco

Inca Spa - Cusco
Ranked #3 of 25 Spas & Wellness in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: The Best Spa Americas 2013, Global Travel Awards Winner, by Luxury Travel Guide UK. Certificate of Excellence 2014, 2012 & 2011 Award Winners by Trip Advisor. Business Creativity Award Winners 2008. The first Spa to mingle the best spa treatments with the Inca culture. A mystical world with a unique ambiance where your mind, body and soul will enjoy an unforgettable experience.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Astoria, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Misleading website and overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

It is a very beautiful spa, being tranquil and calming. There are no separate rooms for the massages, but the different spaces are separated by curtains with gaps. The massage itself was nice and relaxing, but it was quite expensive. On their website, they write massages are "Desde/ from: S/. 119.99 - US$ 40," which was misleading. They do not list the prices exactly on the website, and the hour massage I had cost $66.10, after receiving a discount since we were not happy with the price. I think they need to be more specific on their website, because this was all we had to go by when we were doing research for the trip.

7 Thank Jennifer F
Gerencia_Nova_Skin, Gerente at Inca Spa - Cusco, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Dear Client,
Thanks for taking the time to send your review. However, the information you are giving is not accurate. Our Kunka Massage is a 30 minute head and shoulder massage, which is indeed S/.119.99. The massage you took is a 1 hour massage, and hence the price. All our prices are clearly stated on our menus, which are sent to our customers by e-mail, and also displayed at our counter and reception desk.
Best regards,

Lima, Peru
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Would return. Again and again. And again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

From day one, when my friends and I booked Eco Inn Hotel and visited its webpage, we said we were going to get a massage here. I think we fell in love with the spa just by looking at the pictures. It was a little expensive for our budget—webpage said “from” US$40—but we included a little extra, just to have it covered.

There’s a little Inca Spa stand in the hotel’s lobby where you can ask about the service, or you can go directly to the basement, as we did the night after returning from Machu Picchu.

After a sliding door, we could feel the air was different there, humid, warmer, with a soft aroma—eucalyptus, maybe? The lights were dim, there was water running somewhere, candles, and the sound of birds chirping.

A girl was waiting at the counter. She explained the services to us, almost whispering, as if not to disturb any customer that may have been inside. The rituals sounded tempting, but they were way out of our budget. When we got to the massage part, we saw that there was a big difference between the website’s prices and the actual prices. Massages were US$75 approx. I know that published prices are referential only, but this sounded really expensive.

The feeling of “price is not as advertised” was so strong that we almost turned around and left… But then we thought again. This was Cusco, and who knew when we would be coming back. So we made up our minds and we booked a 1-hour massage each. (And I made a mental note to suggest them to update their referential prices, but later I totally forgot about it.) We asked if we should pay right now, but the girl kindly told us that we were to pay after the service, at the front desk.

Me and my girl friend came back an hour later. They had our robes ready, together with disposable sandals and… underwear? That was awkward. And funny. I still don’t know if we got it right.

We left our clothes in the lockers. A girl came to show us the way, whispering for us to be careful with the slippery floor. Our rooms were together, separated only by a curtain, but after a while I almost couldn’t hear my friend’s masseuse’s whispers, as they were so soft.

There was a heater and warm blankets. My masseuse took away the robe. I have no problem with being topless in front of a stranger (only during the mandatory vacations massage, though, heh), but this may be uncomfortable for some people. I laid down on the bed and asked for the “descontracturante” massage, because I knew I had several stress knots on my shoulders… And this girl took them all away in one hour. I’ve been to several spas over the years and the knots are never totally gone. They were now. I just had to let her apply enough pressure and not whine about it being painful. It was all sorts of great. My friend and I almost fell asleep at some point. An hour went by too fast. Then, the masseuses covered us with the blankets and left silently, without saying a word. Our time was up. However, they let us sleep and enjoy ourselves for 20 minutes before presenting us with glasses of water.

On our way up the stairs we agreed that this had been worth it. The most expensive massage to date, but worth it ;-). If a friend travels to Cusco I will recommend both, Eco Inn and Inca Spa without thinking twice.

6 Thank FranNeko
Gerencia_Nova_Skin, Gerente at Inca Spa - Cusco, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you so much for your extensive and beautiful review. We feel proud and happy to be able to provide you and our clients with a special and pleasing spa experience. And we would love to see you back again, and again and again. :-) With warm regards,
London
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“great massage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband and I had and Inti Raymi ritual at the Inca Spa. We found the ceremony at the beginning enchanting and the exfoliation and massage that followed were both excellent. A wonderful way to get over all the travellling and to settle into our 'Peru' trip of a lifetime>
Not the cheapest by any means, but worth it as a treat.

1 Thank spursfanlondon
Gerencia_Nova_Skin, Manager at Inca Spa - Cusco, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
Thank you for your comments! We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience at the Inca Spa! Our goal is to exceed our client’s expectations, and we feel very proud and happy when we could. We hope to see you again sometime.
Happy travels and best regards!
Brasilia, DF
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Soooooo good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

explore Cusco and the Sacred Valley and then relax in the spa inca ... perfect day!!
The inca massage is very relaxing. Lasts one hour.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Jo A
Gerencia_Nova_Skin, Manager at Inca Spa - Cusco, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments!
With warm regards,
Carmen
Bristol, England
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful relaxing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

I went to the Inca Spa in Cusco after completing the Inca Trail. All my muscles were very sore & tired, but after a wonderful relaxing soak in the Inca Bath then an hours massage from head to toe I felt totally relaxed & revived.
A wonderful experience especially after a hard 4 day trek.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank LynnBristol14
Gerencia_Nova_Skin, Gerente at Inca Spa - Cusco, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Dear Lynn, thank you so much for your review! We look forward to seeing you again sometime.
Camen