“Soooooo good” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inca Spa - Cusco

Inca Spa - Cusco
Ranked #3 of 25 Spas & Wellness in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: The Best Spa Americas 2013, Global Travel Awards Winner, by Luxury Travel Guide UK. Certificate of Excellence 2014, 2012 & 2011 Award Winners by Trip Advisor. Business Creativity Award Winners 2008. The first Spa to mingle the best spa treatments with the Inca culture. A mystical world with a unique ambiance where your mind, body and soul will enjoy an unforgettable experience.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Brasilia, DF
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Soooooo good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

explore Cusco and the Sacred Valley and then relax in the spa inca ... perfect day!!
The inca massage is very relaxing. Lasts one hour.

1 Thank Jo A
Gerencia_Nova_Skin, Manager at Inca Spa - Cusco, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments!
With warm regards,
Carmen

Bristol, England
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful relaxing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

I went to the Inca Spa in Cusco after completing the Inca Trail. All my muscles were very sore & tired, but after a wonderful relaxing soak in the Inca Bath then an hours massage from head to toe I felt totally relaxed & revived.
A wonderful experience especially after a hard 4 day trek.

1 Thank LynnBristol14
Gerencia_Nova_Skin, Gerente at Inca Spa - Cusco, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Dear Lynn, thank you so much for your review! We look forward to seeing you again sometime.
Camen
NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Disappointing to say the least”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

My husband and I love to visit Spas during our travels and try out the different services and styles of massage in each country. After reading all of the great reviews we where excited to visit the Inca Spa, but it was truly disappointing. It is small and dingy, located in the basement of a 3 star hotel... definitely not what you would expect from the price tag of the services! There was no one to greet us when we got there (even though we scheduled the appointment well in advance). When we finally started the ritual, we where stripped down to disposable underwear and made to stand in the middle of the spa main floor almost naked while we where explained the ritual and sprinkled with cold water as part of the cleansing ritual (did I mention other spa guests kept walking in and out of the spa while we stood there in plain view half naked!!) Apart from the public half nudity being uncomfortable, the room was super chilly so the water sprinkling was particularly unpleasant. After that we soaked in the stone tub for wayyy to long (the water got cold and everything) until finally we where taken to the scrub room where we scrubbed with cold water... my entire body was shaking and the only thing to keep me warm was an old and beat up space heater that did not heat at all. The answer I got to my please of warmth was that I could go and take a hot shower after the scrub. I tried to explain to the lady that I was not paying all that money to be tortured, but she said that being cold was part of the scrub... a first for me. I finally went in for my hot shower and when I got out my robe and towel where gone, so I had to walk to the bathroom door nude and freezing and yell for someone to please bring me a towel, which I got about 5 minutes later (5 mins is awfully long to be standing around wet and naked!!) The masage itself was ok, nothing to write home about, and definitely not worth the price if you compare it to the other massages available in the area.

2 Thank BubblyT
Gerencia_Nova_Skin, Gerente at Inca Spa - Cusco, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Dear Client,
Thank you very much for your sincere comments. I deeply regret that your experience at the Inca Spa Cusco was not satisfying. Please accept our sincere apologies.
We will take your comments to correct our procedures and improve our services.
Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
Best regards,
Venice
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not worth the money, unless you enjoy an expensive shower”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

I was really looking forward to this place and the massage as it seemed to have so many glowing reviews. Obviously there are TONS of offers for massages in Cusco and for rather cheap. I booked a massage here because it sounded more authentic, as in, leaning more towards a licensed masseuse than the streets of Plaza de Armas. I arrived, being the only one in the basement spa of the hotel. A tiny lady behind the counter greeted me and led me to the bathroom, then to the table where she asked me to lay down face first. It was dimly lit and like a few other reviewers noted, the space heater was a nice touch. So I layed there, my face buried in the awkward pillow staring at the ground, thinking the masseuse would be in any minute. Nope. No word from the front desk girl on when 'she' would be coming, or how long I should expect to wait. After 10 minutes I began to feel slightly uneasy, like maybe they'd forgotten about me or the masseuse wasn't aware there was a guest waiting for them. Plus, it's quite strange not being able to see... really there was no purpose for me laying face down until the masseuse actually walked into the room, which was almost 20 minutes after I first layed down. I realize things run slower in Peru but it would have been helpful to either communicate that it would be awhile or to have checked in to say sorry for the delay, feel free to flip over, etc etc. The massage itself was about 50% good. A few times I had to plead mercy - not because she was digging into the sore spots in a good way, but because she was relentlessly rubbing bone, not muscle... so it alternated between some good and mostly meh. The shower was basically the highlight. Afterwards she lead me back upstairs to wait another 15-20 minutes for the front desk to process the credit card form. Not once during the entire time did anyone ask how the service was, or anything like it. I don't have experience with what else is available in Cusco but would definitely not return to this place and feel it's only fair to share my experience. If I see something on Trip Advisor rated 4 or 5 stars, I would feel fairly confident it would be worth my time and money, and that I would walk out of there feeling great or fantastic. Unfortunately this was not my experience with Inca Spa. *** Note - the owner contacted me regarding my review, stating they have a 100% refund policy, which I did not see listed anywhere on their site. Had I known that, or had someone asked how my experience was, I would have offered my opinion but without knowing, only felt I was obligated to pay for the poor service. He also mentioned they spend a lot of resources training their staff, including in customer service. To me the most basic in customer service is communicating with your client, letting them know what to expect out of the ordinary and probably more importantly, to follow up afterwards to make sure everything was at least satisfactory. Neither was done in my case, but maybe it wasn't my lucky day.

Visited August 2011
4 Thank fishfriend22
Gerencia_Nova_Skin, Manager at Inca Spa - Cusco, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear Tripadvisor Client,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments. It will greatly contribute in our effort to constantly improve our service.
It will help us very much to have your service date and time, so that we can determine what we did wrong during your visit and, therefore, being able improve our service procedures and validate if the actions we are taking are correct.
We will be glad to have another opportunity to attend you, being able to exceed your expectations and get a review from you as the ones we have received, such as:
“All this for only about $100?! Wow! Wish we could have a spa like this near home - I would be there weekly! “
“Have to say, I'm a spa snob and was a little skeptical about a third world spa experience. This was a GREAT massage”
“I'd give this an Excellent rating even if it were in the U.S. Loved it!”
“The spa itself is beautiful! The massage incredible. I am not sure what techniques they are trained in because it was definitely different from any massage I've gotten in the States but it was much better that the regular Swedish massage.”
Curitiba, PR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

We went there during our honeymoon and it really was the highlight of our trip. We booked the Ritual for the Inti Raymi. It was sooo nice and then the exfoliation and the massage, just PERFECT. I strongly recommend visiting this place and getting a massage, or doing one of the Rituals if you can...AWESOME!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank nitusof
Dear Client,
Thank you very much for your kind comments.
We are delighted about having contributed to make your honeymoon a very special one.
We wish you joy, love, and happiness in your new life together!
With warm regards,