“Tour of Sacred Valley and Incan Ruins”
Review of Vicuna Adventures

Half day Cusco city tour
Ranked #93 of 718 Outdoor Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vicuna Adventure is a leader in all tours and treks to Machu Picchu. We are 100% Peruvian, all growing up in villages around the city, growing up with tales of the greatness of the Incas. While we focus on the care and quality of our tours, our commitment to our own community is unparalleled. We are here to make this world a better place and supporting our own community is our top priority. We are also dedicated to the planet and leave no footprint on our tours and provide extra support to help clean the trails on every trek. We are excited to show you our homeland and hope you fall in love with Peru.
Reviewed June 6, 2017

This past May I went to South America for the first time, specifically to Peru. A portion of the trip was in the Sacred Valley; this included several small towns near Cusco, as well as Machu Picchu. Vicuna Adventures organized our tour. Sabi, the owner of Vicuna and our guide, was amazing. He crafted a full itinerary for us, and took us to some sites that a lot of other tour companies actually skip (like the Salt Mines). He was extremely knowledgeable about the Incan culture, and was able to share this knowledge with us at each site we both passed and stopped at. He handled getting all of the tickets and permits in advance. Sabi was also very polite and courteous, offering excellent customer service. And he takes great pictures, and was willing to do so at any point during the trip (he knew where to go for the best views at Machu Picchu). I would highly recommend using Vicuna Adventures for any tour you decide to take in Peru.

Date of experience: May 2017
in 4 reviews
"chefs"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed May 5, 2017

Excellent tour operator, excellent guide, Sabino one of the best guides. Everything was extremely well organized , I highly recommend Vicuña adventures.
CesarVanja

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

Sabi was a terrific guide when I went on my hike. He is so knowledgeable about the history. I would recommend his tours to anyone. Top notch and would absolutely go again!

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I did the five day Lares trek with Sabi as a guide and I can honestly say that it was one of the most amazing times of my life. Sabi had so many great stories and also amazing knowledge about local flora and fauna. Our equipment was top notch, the food was great and the whole experience was really authentic. We stayed in local areas and Sabi even fought off an angry alpaca for us! I highly recommend these guys! They are professionals.

Date of experience: April 2017