“A trip to remeber and would recommend”
Review of Munaycha

Munaycha
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure travel specialists in Peru. Mountain Bike, Rafting, Trekking, Sea kayak and more in Sacred Valley, Cusco, Arequipa and Lake Titicaca.
Reviewed September 15, 2010

This was my first time in Peru and I have to say it was amazing! Munaycha organised the whole trip around the personalities of my brother, my dad and myslef. Andrea, Duilio and the rest of their team are extremely friendly and make you feel comfortable in the surroundings that you may not be comfortable with. Throughout the trip we learnt many new things but also experienced excitement, beautiful views and adventure through a range of activities such as kayaking, sight seeing, bungee jumping etc. If anyone is looking for a trip like this I recommend that you contact Munaycha!

There are newer reviews for Munaycha

Reviewed September 13, 2010

The trip, around Cusco, that my Brother, my dad and myself went on entailed two different types of experience. One part of our trip was focused primarily around cultural experiences and sight seeing. This included things such as; visiting small local towns and markets, where we were able to buy local made gifts. We were also taken to an array of different Inca sights, including Machu Picchu, where we had guided tours of each ruin sight. All of the tours were interesting and each guide had a thorough understanding and knowledge of the history of each sight. The second aspect of the trip was more adventurous. This aspect included activities such as white water rafting, zip wiring and bungee jumping, which were incredible. All of the activities and tours that were planned out were thoroughly enjoyable.

Each of the hotels that were stayed at were all comfortable and clean, which was always good after a long day of sight seeing and activities.

The end out trip ended with Duilio taking the three of us on a kayaking trip of Lake Titicaca, which lasted three days. This part of the trip i found to be one of the best experiences of the holiday. We visited some of the less touristy islands, which were far more interesting the first day we got a boat to one of the islands, which was completely isolated, with no one living on it. We Kayaked around the other islands in the area. All the food for the trip was cooked and provided, so were the tents which we slept in. The second nigh again we toured local islands by kayak, where we saw some of the most beautiful views! The final night of the trip was spent on an island close to the boarder of Bolivia, which was inhabited by a small town, where we spent the night with some of the local people. This part of the trip was incredible, and recommend it to anybody with sense of adventure.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

The locations are all fabulous and better than I had hoped for, but if you do not know Peru and you need support arranging transport, guides and all the other things necessary to strangers in a country, then you will need help and that is my main reason for writing this. I want to give praise to Andrea and Duilio (Munaycha) who are a husband and wife team who made a great job of organising a holiday for me (dad) and two teenage sons in Peru. We were comming from different parts of the world (Dubai and UK) which made everything much more difficult to arrange, but Munaycha were fantastic. We had a limited time in Peru (12 days) but wanted to do as much as possible in the time we had and Munaycha helped us achieve that - not only visiting the Cusco area but also kayaking on Lake Titicaca for 3 days which was truly amazing. The slightly crazy thing is that just about everything that could go wrong on the holiday did go wrong - delayed baggage, washed out roads, flight bookings, missed trains, lost ATM cards and more. But Munaycha helped us through all this and we still had a great holiday. Well done Munaycha if I ever come back it will be with you.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

Andrea worked with me to create a trip which would fit our personalities. We also have dietary restrictions and she went way above and beyond to provide wonderful meals within our framework. For people who need any kind of special attention you could not do better.

Anyone could handle a trip where everything goes right, but my husband became very ill at the end of our trip. Our guide, Norma, had a fabulous doctor waiting at the hotel when we got in. The doctor examined my husband, then personally drive him to the hospital and had all testing completed within 1/2 hour and treatment started. He is recovering perfectly. The only other place in the world I have seen this level of medical care is at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale. After doing some web searches I think my husband was already sick before he came as his illness can have a longer latency period and all the rest of us were very well.

Not only did Norma help with medical care, she checked on my husband several times during his night in the hospital so I could be with my kids, then she personally came by and picked us up to get us to the airport and saw that my husband got special attention at the airport so he would not have to wait in line still recovering.

Anywhere in the world, even at home, something can go wrong. How people handle this is a true test of quality and service

As for the trip itself, I would not even know where to begin. It was a huge splurge for us and an excellent value. I cannot image that any other tour service could exceed Munaycha's standard of service. Never before in Latin America have I seen such efficiency. At my first hotel another family had a tour scheduled for 8:00am and the guide finally showed up at 5:00pm. With Munaycha they were always on time or early. Having lived in Mexico I know that getting anything done on time in these countries requires considerable planning and expertise. You might find a cheaper trip elsewhere, but you will not find better value.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

A trip that goes beyond any expectations, vacations have a new meaning after this trip, everything was beautiful and extreme. 100% recommended great staff great places