“Munaycha gave us all we could hope and more”
Review of Munaycha

Munaycha
Book In Advance
More Info
$186.00*
and up
Sea Kayak with Picnic at Huaypo lagoon
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure travel specialists in Peru. Mountain Bike, Rafting, Trekking, Sea kayak and more in Sacred Valley, Cusco, Arequipa and Lake Titicaca.
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The locations are all fabulous and better than I had hoped for, but if you do not know Peru and you need support arranging transport, guides and all the other things necessary to strangers in a country, then you will need help and that is my main reason for writing this. I want to give praise to Andrea and Duilio (Munaycha) who are a husband and wife team who made a great job of organising a holiday for me (dad) and two teenage sons in Peru. We were comming from different parts of the world (Dubai and UK) which made everything much more difficult to arrange, but Munaycha were fantastic. We had a limited time in Peru (12 days) but wanted to do as much as possible in the time we had and Munaycha helped us achieve that - not only visiting the Cusco area but also kayaking on Lake Titicaca for 3 days which was truly amazing. The slightly crazy thing is that just about everything that could go wrong on the holiday did go wrong - delayed baggage, washed out roads, flight bookings, missed trains, lost ATM cards and more. But Munaycha helped us through all this and we still had a great holiday. Well done Munaycha if I ever come back it will be with you.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

Andrea worked with me to create a trip which would fit our personalities. We also have dietary restrictions and she went way above and beyond to provide wonderful meals within our framework. For people who need any kind of special attention you could not do better.

Anyone could handle a trip where everything goes right, but my husband became very ill at the end of our trip. Our guide, Norma, had a fabulous doctor waiting at the hotel when we got in. The doctor examined my husband, then personally drive him to the hospital and had all testing completed within 1/2 hour and treatment started. He is recovering perfectly. The only other place in the world I have seen this level of medical care is at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale. After doing some web searches I think my husband was already sick before he came as his illness can have a longer latency period and all the rest of us were very well.

Not only did Norma help with medical care, she checked on my husband several times during his night in the hospital so I could be with my kids, then she personally came by and picked us up to get us to the airport and saw that my husband got special attention at the airport so he would not have to wait in line still recovering.

Anywhere in the world, even at home, something can go wrong. How people handle this is a true test of quality and service

As for the trip itself, I would not even know where to begin. It was a huge splurge for us and an excellent value. I cannot image that any other tour service could exceed Munaycha's standard of service. Never before in Latin America have I seen such efficiency. At my first hotel another family had a tour scheduled for 8:00am and the guide finally showed up at 5:00pm. With Munaycha they were always on time or early. Having lived in Mexico I know that getting anything done on time in these countries requires considerable planning and expertise. You might find a cheaper trip elsewhere, but you will not find better value.

Reviewed August 14, 2010

A trip that goes beyond any expectations, vacations have a new meaning after this trip, everything was beautiful and extreme. 100% recommended great staff great places

Reviewed December 18, 2009

This is my fourth time to Macchu Picchu and I can definitively say that the route organized by the guys at Munaycha (starting from Ollantaytambo, driving through Abra Málaga - behind the Veronica peak - and arriving at Santa Teresa) is the best way to get to Macchu Picchu.
The Canopy Cola de Mono is quite an experience!!!! Six amazing zip-lines with the best views ever from the valley and river. Safety, speed and adventure all in one!!!
I also have a special mention for the amazing hot springs in Santa Teresa... there is no better way of ending a day of walks and adventure than diving into these amazing pools.
Strongly recommended!!!

1  Thank adelcarpio
Reviewed December 14, 2009

My wife and I were lucky enough to have been given the contact for Munaycha by some friends from Lima who recommended we get in touch before our trip to Cusco. It was the best bit of advice we received during our travels! From the first time that we spoke to Andrea we knew we were in great hands. Andrea designed a two day adventure package for us including white water rafting, via ferrata and mountain biking.

The activities were so much fun, the scenery was incredible and we got a years worth of adrenalin in a couple of days! But the things that stood out were the attention to detail, the expertise, kindness and care of the guides, drivers and all associated staff, the quality of the equipment, the 1st class accomodation and just how nice everyone was.

Our experience was fantastic and very memorable! I would highly recommend that if you are heading to Peru, contact Munaycha.

Andrea and Duilio were incredibly nice and we can't wait to get back to Peru to tackle another adventure with Munaycha!!