“Where are the Backpacker's” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Point Cusco
Ranked #73 of 401 Specialty Lodging in Cusco
Los Angeles, California
“Where are the Backpacker's”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I wanted to like this place I really did.

upon arrival the girl at the front desk wouldn't even look up and help me for about one minute, all she had to do was smile and say one second.

There is no friendly vibe here, most of the people staying there were people that worked there, they didnt interact with us at all, the one time some one spoke to me they were trying to sell chocolate's
please don't say "do you want a chocolate " if its not free, say "chocolate's for sale."

And where are the Backpacker's? in my room of 6, nobody checked in, in 3 days...
the people in the common area seemed to work here, or be friends with people who worked here.
nobody was greeting anybody or asking where there from.
the people who did talk seemed to be a couple.

I wanted to like this place because I loved the layout, decor and location.
I am starting to wonder if they make all there money from the locals at the bar
and us backpackers are just in the way.

When I rains, it floods the couch and carpet, a potential for mold.

A 5 in the morning people stood infront of my door, no not on the couch but my door step, taking in really loud in spanish, I think they worked here, I closed the door, they continued to talk.

I dont mind my dorm not locking, but they allow any one in the hostel to go to the bar, so I did not feel safe.

the Wifi was down from 1pm to 9pm, so I gave up on booking my trip to Puno. Will stay another 3 days at loki hostel.

The hot water would only last 15 seconds every 3 minutes, not sure why, spent allot of time
shivering in the corner.

Room Tip: Away from the front and bar.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MichaelDembenski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We arrived to Cusco via PeruHop and were super excited to check out the town! When we arrived to the hostel, we were kindly greeted by Sue who was absolutely incredible. She told us everything we needed to know, showed us around the hostel, and gave us tips on the surrounding restaurants and shops. Throughout our entire stay, Sue was SO helpful and kind to us; we appreciated it so much.
As for the hostel... The dorms were very spacious, however they didn't have enough lockers, the room sprayer that went off above my bed every 30 minutes drove me insane and I felt like I was being poisoned, the bathrooms were always clean, but the showers were awful with temperature and water pressure. The bar was well equipped and always hopping with friendly staff and guests. The breakfast that was included was never on time and was never enough to feed everyone. However! Minus a few of the small petty things, we really enjoyed the hostel and its staff. The price and location were great and we would recommend The Point for a night or two.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had to stay here one night as there was no more availability in the hostel we were staying in before doing the Inca Trail.
There are only 2 lockers in a dorm of 4, there was 3 of us which was fine but this is a really stupid idea if you're travelling alone and there isn't a locker free. There are no locks on the room doors meaning idiots in other rooms just barge in thinking it's funny.
There was an automatic room spray above my bed, sounds like a pathetic complaint but it drove me crazy. It sprays every half an hour which woke me up every single time and it's extremely intoxicating!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I arrived quite late and the taxi driver told me this was a party hostel,. something I didn't want. However the staff were super friendly and gave me a room next to the garden, which was quiet and suited me. There are parts of the hostel to party, and parts to chill out, just ask the super friendly reception guy for a room which suits your needs. The hostel is very clean and the showers are super hot. When I came back from Machu Picchu I booked myself back in here. A great place to stay in Cusco

Room Tip: Ask the friendly guy at reception if you want a quiet room rather than a party room. There are rooms...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Magpie_L
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

years of traveling and tens of thousands of miles crossed and I've never had as much fun as we did on those nights we can barely remember out with friends I'll never forget. The Point is a great place to start/ finish/ spend your South American adventures

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Amigodelosanimales
nomad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Spent A Total Of Almost Three Weeks There. The Worker Were All Great People And Were Very Accomidating. The Rooms Were Clean And Well Set Up. Food Was Great And Reasonably Priced. O Yeah, They Also Have An Awesome Bar With A Pool Table And Beer Pong. Check It Out!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank jbreezy31
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Point Cusco reminds me of something out of an american movie - It has an essence to it which just boasts a great time .. walking in the entrance door and seeing a huge kangaroo flag makes me happy , being a fellow australian . The place is run by aussies who are such cool dudes - much respect for Andy who is a wicked manager and knows how to run this awesome place .The staff are well chosen , from all around the world ... the bar upstairs is mad fun . beer pong and great tunes are cranked and the space is filled with sooo much Juagar ...sooooooooooooo much Juagar ! I absoulutley LOVE the Queen Salad - my god filled with so many vegetables and a generous dose of Palta - wow !!! anyway i would recommend this wicked hostel to anyone who has a fun loving nature - and who wants to have a truely memoriable time ! x x laula perey

Room Tip: If your planning on partying - whatever room you choose will be choice - if your wanting a good slee...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends