“Awesome!”

Ranked #68 of 431 Specialty Lodging in Cusco
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Awesome!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I found this place as a result of staying at The Point in Lima, and I was certainly impressed, not only by its size, but by everything it had to offer.
It has a great restaurant with a huge menu, all at good prices. The bar itself was awesome and had some great parties put on by the really friendly staff.They even gave out a heap of free drinks too which is good for those wanting to party on a budget.
And for those who want to have a quiet drink in the day, it also had a huge beer garden and bar out back.
As for the beds, they were extremely comfortable and even come with huge feather Duvet and all required bedding.

And not to mention it is located right next to the Main Plaza.

Definitely going to be back when in Cusco again!

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the 6 bed rooms with private bathroom located next to the beer garden. It was pea...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Aaron D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
melbourne
Reviewed October 10, 2013

loved my stay in this hostel, staff were friendly and made my stay feel very welcome. the nights at the bar were amazing good fun. Beds and the rooms were well kept and tidy, the food here was definately a highlight i havent eaten such good food at a hostel before

Room Tip: they offered a solo room with a double bed
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The dorm rooms are functional with clean and comfortable beds and it is possible to request a quiet room which we did. The Dutch guy who is manager was very friendly and helpful. The bar is decent with a nice atmosphere, there are 2 computers with free Internet and lots of places to sit. The bathroom/shower room is very clean with hot water. I loved this party hostel and want to go back

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a big generic hostel, set up for those wanting a party. The bar staff were intimidating to the women in my group and at times slightly abusive. We stayed here either side of our inca trail, hoping for some rest but it was not to be. Rooms are functional but very cold and dark. The shared bathroom was kept relatively clean though. Reception staff were helpful and we were able to leave our bags. But the atmosphere wasn't friendly and open unfortunately.

• Stayed August 2013
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice location with good facilities. The price for cuzco it's the normal rate. Bar and a lot of parties. I spent two days in this hostel in june 2013 and It was very cold in cuzco, and it was not available heatind in the rooms. The rest it's ok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I found The Point hostel online while looking for the best price for a bed. Indeed it was the best option as I discovered in the 2 nights I stayed there.
Located at 3 minutes walking distance from Plaza de Armas, The Point was so comfy and friendly that I would go back anytime.
Staff was very nice, price per night was 8 USD in a huge wooden room with big beds and high ceiling, with a lovely bar and eating area uniquely decorated, clean bathrooms and own cooks in the kitchen from where you can have tasty food at very good prices.

Bottom line if you're going in Cusco stay one night at The Point. Just one and you'll love it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and clean. Choose according to your budget, you'll love them anyways :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Papillonul
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

When I first arrived to ask for availabilities they told me that there was only one space left for 30 soles which was the most expensive, thats only when I was about to go that they told me there was also a space in a 22 soles dorm.
I hardly slept at all as the other guests were noisy and the bar from the hostel was pumping loud music until very very late that night.
I got up early the next morning to have a quick breakfast and head to Macchu Picchu but I had to wait almost 45mn for them to prepare it to finally have a coffee and a piece of bread with butter.
A friend was meant to meet me at my hostal to leave together but the reception staff told him I had left earlier and so we wasted even more time waiting and find each other...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends