Samay Wasi Youth Hostels Cusco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Tierra Viva Cusco San Blas(Cusco)
Illa Hotel(Cusco)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinca trailhot waterprivate roombreadeggssan blasperson dormfree teagreat view of the cityfree transferup hillbag storagebunk bedswarm blanketsclean roomsstayed daysbus station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 26, 2010

We have been traveling for 10 months through America, and “Samay Wasi I” is our favorite hostel.
It´s placed in "Barrio de San Blas", and from the hostel you have amazing views of “Plaza de Armas de Cusco” (5-10 minutes walking). Free breakfast , internet, and clean kitchen. Beautiful and confortable rooms for a good Price. They also pick you up at the airport or bus terminal when you arrive to the city (for free).
Really nice staff! They help you whenever you need. They welcomed us so warmly that we feel like having a family there in Cusco.

There is also “Samay Wasi II” close to “Samay Wasi I”, which is quite similar to the other one and with the same staff. The main difference is that although it has not got such a good views of the city, they have a really nice garden to stay and have a rest!.
Both of them, good options to sleep in Cusco!.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Beautiful hilltop view of Cusco, Peru. I bit of a hike up the hill but worth it. Only $9 per night. Perfect for Mom and adult children to share a room and bath. My first time in a youth hostel and I would happily to it again. Staff was helpful and friendly. Loved having morning coca tea and rolls in our little dining area surrounded with crystal clean windows overlooking Cusco. Charming!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Our stay at Samay Wasi was great! There was always hot water, which I hear is rare in San Blas. The rooms were clean, the bed was fairly comfortable, there was a computer with internet that you could use for free and a free breakfast of rolls and tea.

I have to stay that the staff there were exceptional. I tried to book our bus ride from Cusco to Puno on the Inka Express which costs $50 USD per person, and I had to leave the money with the front desk (the Inka Express guy was supposed to come and pick it up). Right before we were going to leave (a day later) they gave us back our money and let us know that the bus person never picked up the money. They could have let us leave and pocketed the $100 and we wouldn't have even known that the bus company didn't get the money. 10 stars for honest and respectable staff!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I was one week in this friendly hostel with wonderful view. I recomend this place because it is located to 5 or 10 minutes walking to main square, it is nice because if you try to relax after a hard walking..This is the place. No noisy, So quiet and Secure.
About the breakfast is OK and coca tea (it`s available all the time). The recepcionists are very nice, ask for Monica, she is very pleasant, efficient and helpful. You can use the kitchen, it is free...and the transfers and luggage storage are free too (ask for it).
I enjoyed a great time here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Quiet, clean, not very spacious rooms, uphill so great view of the city especially early in the morning on the terrace while you are enjoying your breakfast and coffee. For $9 per night with a private shower and toilet, you cannot go wrong. It is slightly off the center (if 10min walk is even considered 'far') and to get there you walk uphill through narrow streets and alleys. We encountered no problems at all. If you continue up the same street, it will lead you to the road to Christo Blanco. The front door is locked at all times, so just ring the bell at any time.

Stayed: May 2006, traveled with friends