“I didn't want to leave this place....”
Review of Hotel Amerindia

Hotel Amerindia
Ranked #86 of 167 Hotels in Cusco
ORADEA,ROMANIA
“I didn't want to leave this place....”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Unfortunatelly my first choice in Cusco was Suite and Spa Apartments situated in Calle Chaparro.I spent twenty minutes in that modest guesthouse and I left it exhausted ,nervous,with enough energy to cross the street.And I had the chance to open the door of Amerindia hotel.Behind the desk the owner of this lovely hotel gave me for a decent price a room for my next three nights.Great surprise !The hotel is a gem with a fabulous location, in five minutes I could see Plaza des Armas.After the corner is a big market, a supermarket and a restaurant.
My room was perfect.Nice furniture, comfortable bed, an electric heater .All was very clean.The bathroom was large, modern , with a strong hot shower.
They have for the guests a little patio , a lounge with free tea and coca leaves.Wifi was free.
The staff was amazing friendly and attentive.Good breakfast with a lot of fruits, cakes, yoghurt, omelette and an excellent coffee.
All in all this hotel has personality, style and a personal service.
I felt that I didn't spend enough time in this place.

Room Tip: Wifi works better in the rooms situated next the patio.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LELIA B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Loved this place! Very clean and very friendly. Great breakfast every morning and the most accommodating staff. One block from the San Pedro market where you can get the most delicious chicken soup and fresh fruits. I highly recommend Amerindia Hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank deb4hair
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed with a group of about 20 people at the Amerindia Hotel. We were in a combination of double and triple rooms. Many of us arrived and left on different days and all of us left for 4 days / 3 nights in the middle of our stay to hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Javier (the owner) was EXTREMELY accommodating. I cannot stress this enough. He had an answer for just about every question and request the group made of him. He offered to pick up (and then drop off) every group member from the airport for free. Hotel has free wi-fi and there is always free coca tea available in the first floor common area (the tea really helps with the altitude adjustment). Breakfast is included and was excellent. I miss all the fresh fruit already. If, somehow, you are still hungry, Amerindia is a 1 min walk away from a local grocery store, a 2 minute walk away from the Mercado Central (the local open air market) and about a 10 minute walk from the Plaza de Armas (the city center square).

Overall, I was extremely impressive with my stay at Amerindia. The hotel's owner was extremely accommodating and helpful with whatever anyone in my group needed. If you are looking to stay close to the center of Cuzco in a nice affordable, family owned hotel/inn, Amerindia is the perfect place. Extremely recommended if you need the flexibility required when working with large groups and hiking to Machu Picchu.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jos P
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The location is perhaps 5-10 minutes walk from the main Square in Cusco. The hotel is next to San Pedro church square; here you will get to see a lot of local people and activities unlike in the main Square. I enjoyed the walks. The hotel building is nice, the restaurant area has some old structures retained, there's a courtyard garden in the center. The room rate is much cheaper compared to some well-known/advertised 4* hotel chain in Peru (we also stayed in one of those in Cusco), similar in quality. The breakfast was perfect, very healthy. The hotel staff were very pleasant. Room was very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel accommodated 27 people for a mission trip we did at the end of March. The hotel is safe, comfortable, and has all basic amenities. Although it may not have all the bells and whistles of a larger hotel, the hotel owners will go above and beyond to make sure you are as comfortable and secure as possible. Javier, is knowledgeable and will gladly provide you advice and answer any questions you may have about Cusco, transportation, and travel.

If you're looking for a clean, quiet, and cozy hotel that is close to plaza de Armas and San Pedro Market...this is it!

Everyone on the trip was very happy with Amerindia Hotel and the complimentary "breakfast of kings" each morning was a nice bonus.

I give it 5/5 without a doubt.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were visiting for two reasons -- 1) a mission trip with 28 other people and 2)vacation adventures!!! We had an amazing trip with very accommodating hosts -- whether for the large group or just the two of us! Breakfast was lovely, traditional Peruvian treats. The bathrooms were really nice with HOT water ;) and the beds/TV were great. We had Internet in common areas (I'm using it now) and safety and security were obvious. And it was the cleanest place we were at in Peru. When we return I would not hesitate to stay here... Close to the local market AND supermarket.

Room Tip: Ask for a heater if its cool! :) LOVED the view from the third floor ;)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Amerindia with my boyfriend over New Year's Eve in Cuzco! It was a very nice hotel and a great price for what we received in return which was a nice staff, a good location and yummy breakfast! We arranged for an airport pick up at 6am in the morning and they were waiting for us there.The wifi worked in the lobby and restaurant area, if you asked them to prepare eggs and toast for you they will, which is included in the room rate. The room was a little cold but most hotels in Cuzco do not have heaters, the bed has more than enough blankets to warm you up! The water in the bathroom also has HOT water that worked everyday. The room was cleaned and bed made daily and the front door to the hotel is always opened by someone securing the hotel. I felt like our things were safe and so were we! Enjoy this hotel and beautiful Cuzco. Thank you to the staff that picked us up and provided such a great service to us!
(The only thing I will say is be prepared for some noise on the street during the New Year's Eve parties or other holidays, fireworks and bands playing up and down the streets were very loud very early in the morning but that's not the hotel's fault and it's part of the culture!)

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room that's not on the street side!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple