“Mediocre”

Victor Victoria Restaurant
Ranked #231 of 691 Restaurants in Cusco
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Placentia, California
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Because Yelp does not exist in Peru, I relied on Lonely Planet, Trip Advisor and a Peruvian friend. I thought Victor Victoria was just mediocre and I couldn't understand the high reviews it received all around. I of course ordered the ceviche and lost my appetite after a couple of bites. I'm a HUGE seafood fan, but the scales left on the fish grossed me out. I also didnt like how the salad bar was just left out in the open. The service was decent, but I was the nay customer, so decency was inevitable. I guess I just had higher hopes for my first real meal in Peru.

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
“Over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Heard and read a lot about it. It is value for money but not as good as what you would expect from all of the reviews. Maybe I wouldn't feel like this if I had stumbled upon it, but the hype wasn't lived up to.

Visited December 2011
Arequipa, Peru
“Nice food, nice portions, nice price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

When we discovered victor victoria we decided to come back to eat there almost every night during our stay in Cuzco. The food was very nice for a city like Cuzco, where the food is not very nice and very expensive. I would certainly recommend this place for a nice lunch or dinner.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lamossella
Sydney, Australia
“Don't bother unless you're poor and want a big feed for cheap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Lonely planet really rates this place but it's not accurate if you ask me. It's a shoddy dining room with crap Peruvian telly blaring on one wall. The kitchen looks a bit dirty and the bathrooms not much better. The food is edible but nothing to write home about. The servings are big so it could appeal if you're on a tight budget but in my experience there are way better places to eat in Cusco in this price range.

1 Thank LukeS81
“Great food, great price, best service...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We ate there for lunch and order from the "menu", which is the lunch specials (all restaurants have it, make sure you ask). The food was the best and the portion are enough for 2 people to eat, specially if you are on a budget. Everyone was so friendly. Thank you!

Visited January 2012