“Incredible food, great atmosphere, unfortunate service.”
Review of Kushka Fe

Kushka Fe
Ranked #110 of 781 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our food is a fusion of flavors, always giving the customer the opportunity to go back to the homemade food, healthy and with soft flavors that make you feel at home, Our desserts are prepared in a classic form, without pre-mixes, do not use colors, flavors or preservatives. Everything is freshly prepared and even we make our own bread. All products we use are disinfected with ozone equipment.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I'd passed this place several times but only took notice of it when I needed a restaurant with Wifi. Unfortunately, I felt unwelcome the moment I walked in. I know it's tough to be in the service industry, and I understand people can have an off day, but the waitresses saw fit to look at me as if I shouldn't have been there at all or just ignored me completely. They were ridiculously unfriendly and when I asked questions about the menu was given curt responses.

Regardless, I stayed and ordered Chirimoya (a fruit) with milk - a wonderful drink, thick and milkshake-like and a greek style lamb sandwich. One might be disappointed as the meat isn't in the same style as the strips of lamb one gets with a gyro (my favorite), but with the yogurt sauce it tasted enough like a gyro but with a delicious, original twist. The red peppers in the dish added great flavor. All in all, incredible food.

Finally, when I went to pay with a 100S bill the waitress rolled her eyes and told me she didn't have change. By this point you'd think I wouldn't have been shocked by the attitude, but I was. I tried to see if I had enough in small bills and coins to pay my bill but didn't - at which point she produced the change for the 100 immediately. On leaving I said thank you and got no response - so much for trying!

Usually I make a point to steer clear of places where I'm going to be met with an attitude, but I also adore good food. This restaurant is probably reasonable for a tourist, as I'm on a Peruvian budget it's a slight bit in the expensive range for me but a good value. I know I'll be coming back here and I truly hope that the day I went was an exception rather than the rule in terms of my treatment.

1  Thank gwytherinn

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was very inclined to write this review so that a manager/owner can see it. I went to this restaurant as I live up the street from it and was very excited to try a new spot that could become a daily habit. However, the two waitresses that worked there unfortunately ruined a perfectly good restuarant. The two of them would not stop talking and were more interested in their conversation than providing service. The food was delicious by the way. The worst part of the night came when the waitress gave me wrong change (40 soles was missing); I kindly explained that I received wrong change when she proceeded to yell at me and call my fiancee and I some very derogatory names in Spanish that she thought I did not understand but clearly did. She proceeded to scream at us despite the fact that there were other clients in the restuarant trying to enjoy their dinner.
Terrible experience in a nice place with nice food. The management would do themselves a favor if they would hire professionals and not two catty women more interested in private conversations and insulting their customers.

1  Thank Carol K
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great choices for snacks and meals. Cold beer and great cakes. Try the chocolate. Staff very friendly. For a just price.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Location: One block from the main square (hidden in the corner of Plaza Regocijo)
Service: Everything was made to order so it took a little longer
Food: Excellent Panini sandwiches that were virtually dripping with mushrooms, onions etc.
Atmosphere: Busy bistro-style with traditional tables for two and banquette seat

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stumbled upon this place by accident and what a little find it was!! We ordered hot sandwiches - chicken & beef. And while we waited on our food - any other dishes that came out to other people - they looked so tasty we were wondering if we'd made a wrong choice. But we weren't disappointed!! some of the nicest food we had in Peru.

We were only disappointed that we didn't have an another opportunity to return!