“Best dining experience in Peru”
Review of A Mi Manera

A Mi Manera
Ranked #22 of 770 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A Mi Manera is located just one block from Cusco's main square, on the second floor of a beautifour restaurant can accommodate up to 50 diners in what is both an intimate and elegant setting. Our bar and open plan kitchen have been designed to allow guests to see how their meals and drinks are prepared, and even to participate in our cookery demonstrations. What gives us the greatest satisfaction is the fact that our guests always feel comfortable, and they always come back.Ul colonial-era mansion.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Excellent staff, very attentive. The atmosphere was cozy and relaxed. We went 2 nights while we were staying in Cusco. Food was amazing, try the shrimp!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I'll go from best to worst.

Location: just a block or two from the main square. Very good

Atmosphere: clean and standard restaurant decor, with candles and a nice window to the street. Very good.

Service: Slow. Servers don't know English, even though they have an English menu.
While you wait for the courses, they give you cold french fries to snack on.

Food: Not bad tasting, but the portions are very small, and they are costly by Cusco standards. I ordered a dish called "Alpaca Roll", which had around 100 grams of meat all in all, and cost 35 soles. Orange juice cost 10 soles, around the same price as a cup of wine!
I left the restaurant still hungry.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went to this highly recommended restaurant after dining at Chi Cha and Ciccolina, etc. First, the staff is extremely nice and attentive and service is excellent. However, we ordered one of the specialties (Alpaca) and I wasn't really paying attention (and my Spanish isn't great) and I should have wondered when the waitress suggested that the meat be cooked "very well." When it came, it was like shoe leather, hardly able to be cut much less chewed. When I asked first the waitress tried to tell me this was the way Alpaca was and I didn't understand Alpaca. Once I said it was about my 8th time eating Alpaca, she changed her story to that maybe the meat was "old." I was shocked and asked "old in the refrigerator or more like a grandpa (abuelo) Alpaca?" She said "more like an abuelo" (an old animal. I got very sick the next day and while I can't be sure the Abuelito de Alpaca was the culprit, up to that day I had 10 sick-free days in Peru eating every thing (and we are careful about water etc. as well). Again, I can't be sure it was the old meat that made me sick, but there is no other explanation. I suffered the entire next day in a cab to Olly and then on the train to Machu Picchu and I was not near 100% for our two days there which kind of ruined it for me. So, I am not a big fan at this point - sorry.

1  Thank followingjames
Reviewed September 8, 2013

In touristic Cuzco it isn't easy to dine value for money but here it is. Only the desserts were disappointing. Reasonably priced, trendy food. Nice place. Try to book one of two window tables.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

About 10 tables, next door to Cicciolina. Cozy, first good modern art decoration we've seen in Cuzco. Had the bisque type soup, and the cevice, both excellent. The alpaca lomo tasted very well, with a delicious red wine sauce, but was not exactly tender. The chocolate mousse was also good, but too sweet for our taste -- should have been made on dark chocolate. Had a Peruvian white and water -- at S 50 pp very reasonable given top notch quality.