“Not impressed ”
Review of Restaurant Paititi

Restaurant Paititi
Ranked #231 of 892 Restaurants in Cusco
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant "El Paititi " (El Dorado) was once part of the palaces of the Inca nobility and was the residence of Tupac Yupanqui, the sovereign tenth Inca and successor of Pachacutec, who took correinado probably between 15 and 20 years. After the death of his father became absolute position of power around 30 years. The place was part of the religious and cultural center of the capital of the Inca empire. After the conquest was occupied by the Spaniards who surrounded him temples and built mansions. Our cuisine is complemented with Peruvian dishes from the region of Cusco , national and international . We also complemented with a proposal of Shushi , pastas and pizzas.
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I walked past this restaurant in search for something to each as we were desperate for something to eat. The lady told us that the prices of parts of the menu were on special, so we decided to both eat meat. When the plates of food came out we were so disappointed to find 1 piece of incredibly chewy, overcooked meat with 4 pieces of cold vegetables and about 6 thick slices of potato (which were the only decent things on the plate). Nonetheless, we ate everything because we were hungry, yet we weren’t satisfied by the end of the meal because of the small portion. When we asked for the bill there was a 20% “service charge” which my friend and I were shocked to see as this place lacked greatly in this so called “service”. When we told the lady that we were confused about the high “service” tax, she insisted that many places in Machu Picchu were different and that in this restaurant it was 20%. So I proceeded to tell her that this was wrong and that she should have this written clearly so that we would know that we would have to pay this extra charge.
I was so disappointed by this experience as I left this restaurant feeling slightly deceived and disappointed by the quality of the food and service.

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I where walking the streets of águas calientes wanting dinner for a reasonable price, we came across this restaurant and from the outside it seemed cute we looked at the menu and decided to eat here.
She pointed out that some of the meals where reduced from 40 soles to 30, so therefore we decided to go for a steak which she said it came with chips and a salad...
When our food came out the portion was small, my plate consisted of ...
4 small pieces of cold veggies
5 potato chips
1 steak that looked like it had come out of a frozen box, covered in this sweet sauce (which I didn't like)
The quality of the food wasn't there.
The real surprise was when the bill came and we got hit with a 20% "service fee"
I was so shocked, we didn't have great service especially worth 20%, the lady simply took out order then brought us our food.
There was so sign anywhere saying a 20% service fee anywhere!
Additionally the lady didn't calculate out bill properly so we had to sit down with her and calculate it.
Honestly I wouldn't recommend this place to eat the food has no quality, small portions and we got a 20% service fee
I came out of the restaurant unhappy and still hungry.

Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

Went there for a dinner and was not disappointed, thought it will be a bit pricey because the place is really nice but really it was fine! Had a cuy nicely presented for the picture and then they cut it for you, it was one thing to try and taste while in Peru and really I'm glad I did it in a restaurant as during the trek some peeps of my group took one and mmmm well didn't look that appealing! Also had ceviche there and it was just yummy! Dessert was a traditional one too but I cannot remember the name but had a lovely experience and a free glass of pisco sour offered with the cuy
The restaurant was nice, staffs really lovely and helpful with explanations of what to order and they also gives you the wifi if you want to share your experience live I guess haha!

Reviewed February 1, 2017

On arrival into Cusco, we didn't find anything suitable to eat at the hotel we were staying at, so walked down to the main square around where the huge Cathedral is, where there were lots and lots of restaurants vying for your business. We had a pizza each at this place, and must admit it was one of the nicest I have eaten. The food presentation and the service was great and the place was beautiful. We were easily able to get Vegetarian Food.

Reviewed January 22, 2017

I last went here 18 years ago for the Cuy. I brought my kids for the first time. This was our first stop in Cusco and they loved it. It is GREAT food. Enjoy!