“Loved the food”
Review of Pachapapa

Pachapapa
Ranked #47 of 770 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Real great food and service. Loved the pizza, calzone, and the appetizers. Great restaurant for vegeterians. Dayo, our server was extremely attentive and charming.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,791)

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Last day of my stay in Cuzco I skipped the breakfast at the hotel and went to pachapapa based on the recommendations I received.
I went at 8.30 am, and I was the only customer at the restaurant. The service was normal, I asked for a continental breakfast and the timing was ok.
I saw the oven working and I supposed the bread would come out from there... Wrong.
The bread was from the day before, reheated, cold inside, not soft, the croassant seemed to be overcooked many times, dry, maybe from the week before.
I asked for cheese and the waiter told me it was ok...
I received a plate with three old cheese pieces thrown into the plate as cut. And the best part of this? It was used cheese!!!!!!! With some small pieces of ham! Taken out from a sandwich, maybe, don't know. Awful awful experience.
Maybe it was because I "opened" the restaurant (it was too early) but you should know that when you open the restaurant you must be ready to offer all what you have and with the quality it is supposed to have.
I don't give second chances to this kind of experience because I consider a respect issue. I felt like treated as an idiot, and As a customer I don't deserve this.
Not recommended of course.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

In Pachapapa we had a very nice dinner. Half of our group are vegetarians, and it was absolutely no problem to find something to eat for everybody. Fantastic Quinoa soup! The waiters were very attentive and if we ever happen to be in Cusco again, we'll definitely come back!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great Andean food, very nice cozy restaurant. The menu is really nice, portions big and service (Ever) fantastic. I would go back to this place at once :-)

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This place was recommended to us by our local Cuzqueño tour guide. Great spot! I got a Tumbo sour (yum!) and the Tacu Tacu cooked w/ onions. My mother got the Tacu Tacu that was breaded and fried. It had some delicious cooked bananas underneath as a surprise. My dad got some beef cooked in a clay pot. It was supposed to take 20 minutes to cook but it was really more like 40 but it was delicious. Everything was delicious. And I also got a glass of Argentinian Malbec.... So fantastic with the food. Our server was Roger. He was very attentive and informative with all the cuisine. It was a great dining, leisurely experience. And very reasonably priced. Check it out!