“Excellent!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Placentia, California
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

OH MY GOODNESS! What a place!! My friend recommended this restaurant and I'm sooooo happy I took his recommendation. First of all, the ambiance and decor is reflective of some sort of burning man, upscale brothel, San Francisco club. It's just insane. The service was outstanding, I was constantly checked in on and the manager even came by to chat for a bit when he noticed I was a solo traveler. If that wasn't enough, the food was easily the best meal I've ever had. They give you a complimentary appetizer that consists of cheese, olives and toothpicks stabbed in a heart. For dinner, I ordered the angel ravioli which was sweet potato ravioli in a white cream sauce. When it arrived, I thought, typical fancy restaurant, large plate, small serving. However, it was more than filling. For dessert I ordered the rice pudding with fruit. The modernism combined with Peruvian flair was out of this world. I was beyond full and could barely breathe after dining at the Fallen Angel, but its one of those meals that I'll remember forever. As for price, I think to Peruvian standards, it's very expensive, but to American standards, or was just pricey. For a glass of wine, entree, dessert and tip it was 105 soles, which equates to about $50. Pricey, but its not every day you're in Cusco.

• Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Montclair, New Jersey, United States
“must visit”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

not easy to find but worth the visit. The food was very good and the service was excellent. The ambiance of the restaurant is great. It is good to make a reservation before visiting to get a good table. I will go back.

Visited October 2012
Houston, Texas
“Most memorable restaurant while in Cusco”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This is a unique, artsy restaurant serving good food and drinks. Tried the Oriental Hangover soup (chicken soup with lemon grass and spices). For the second course I kept up the Asian-fusion theme with the Pasta Thai (pappardelle noodles with chicken, veggies and peppers in a light Thai-inspired cream sauce). My friend had the Andean Ravioli (?) which was filled with sweet potato. All the dishes were great. The pisco sours were generous. Worth a visit if looking for Peruvian fusion food in a noteworthy setting. Would eat here again.

“Not cheap, but you get what you pay for”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The interior couldn't be better. My tip is if you are in town go there in the late afternoon and ask to reserve the table you pick out - not all table are the same. One is an old bathtub with a piece of glass over it and fancy goldfish swimming below you plate.

I was a little disappointed in my steak... Nothing specific to really complain about... just nothing special... but the rose pedals on the plate were a nice touch. I guess I had just come from Arequipa and had an amazing piece of meat at Zig-Zag.

My wife had the Mahi-Mahi and it was great. The Pisco Sours were also on point.

The manager is constantly on the go to pick up for any slack that the waiters may let go. All and all I thought it was a nice night out. A nice splurge night out, but a nice night out if you can forget about the prices you are paying.

• Visited October 2012
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Surreal atmosphere, creative presentation, delicious fare; spotty service”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

When we were in Fallen Angel there was only one other table, and while we were there only one other table came in, but left without being served. The decor and presentation was that of a high end club, but it is apparently a restaurant/club/bed and breakfast. There was a DJ playing perfect music for the atmosphere. But there were only two visible employees plus the DJ, and there were times I didn't see anyone. The food was delicious and perfectly prepared and the presentation was artful. We loved it and thought we'd enjoy it more on a busy night when it was crowded and there were adequate staff.
When I went to look for our server to get the check, she was sitting in the host's lap. That might be appropo for such a hip place, but since it was necessary to track her down, it wasn't up to the level of everything else in the establishment.

I recommend it, but go later in the evening or on the weekend.

• Visited August 2012