“A little taste of home.”
Review of Jack's Cafe

Jack's Cafe
Ranked #77 of 880 Restaurants in Cusco
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 27, 2012

If you want more western style fare served with an aussie accent, this is the place. The food is very fresh, tasty and there is a great menu selection. A really popular spot right in the middle of Cusco

Write a ReviewReviews (3,049)

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have been to Cusco 9 times over the past ten years and each time found Jack's to be a little less attractive. It is the breakfast menu that keeps bringing me back and then I think there has to be a reason why there are always crowds of gringos hanging out the front door. However, I've come to the conclusion that either they are all reading old travel guides that tout Jack's as the only place with an American-style breakfast or they are travel weary and want a taste of home so bad they don't care about quality. I was there about two weeks ago for a "Gordo" (a "Fat One") which includes juice, bacon, sausage, eggs, home fries and toast. Well, the bacon was two thick, hard pieces of meat about the shape of a No. 2 pencil, the sausages were the color of plum and tasted like solidified smoke (probably canned), the eggs were runny, though I had requested "over easy" and the home fries were just so-so; not much to be said about toast - good or bad. I don't remember if the coffee was included in the price, but the cup was awfully small (4 oz tops). All told, it cost me about USD 10.00. I get a better deal at Denny's any day. The service was less than stellar, I got the feeling as a solo traveler that they wanted me out as soon as possible so they could seat four people at my table. That particular aspect has been true at Jack's for as long as I can remember. Definitely thumbs down in 2012 and my last visit to this particular establishment.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Jack's has a great menu, a fun atmosphere, and good service. The mint lemonade was amazing (I almost asked for a shot of rum to make it a mojito!), the fries good, and the breakfast foods were all delicious!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a popular place in Cusco. Saw lots of back packers there and a waiting line a couple of times. Cash only place--one of the few that do not take credit cards. I found the menu to be limited but the Humus sandwich I ordered was very good and tasted very fresh. Service was very quick and very efficient.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

After living in Cusco for a month, I find myself going back to Jack's cafe time and time again! Some of the best coffee in Cusco, and very reasonably priced. I made the mistake of ordering a appetizer, followed by a main, but that is not necessary because the portion sizes are VERY generous! Service is top notch, and they deal with the line out the door effectively by taking orders before you are seated.