“A great quiet spot with a view of the Crystal Christ”
Review of Panza del Artista

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cusco
Panza del Artista
Ranked #165 of 400 Cusco B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The quiet sunny garden, the view down to the busy street below and across the valley to the Crystal Christ made the outside of this B&B. While inside we were made to feel at home by the whole family. This was much, much better than a hostel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Adam Weintraub and his charming wife, Xiomara, made us feel right at home in their lovely Panza del Artista bed and breakfast style lodge. We had an upstairs room overlooking the city in the distance and the garden directly below us. Only a fifteen minute walk from the center of Cuzco, it was a great location and very reasonably priced. We were traveling with our 15 year old daughter who was in language school in Cuzco, and the family kept an eye on her while we took a five day trip outside of Cuzco. Not your average "hotel stay!" We hope to return to this warm and special place!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I truly felt like I was at home away from home. The whole family took me under their wings in different ways and I left feeling like I will be back. I was always surprised at how clean everything was and welcoming everyone was. The whole family were all supportive and interested in what I was doing, but also gave me space to get work done if I needed, it was the perfect blend. They were always patient with my Spanish. I really enjoyed the location because I liked being away from the tourists and the neighborhood always felt safe..... a true sign is seeing teenage girls walking at night alone with their purses! The wireless internet actually worked, the water was hot, and the pillows were the best I've even had in all of South America.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Adam was a great help when we had to cancel our reservation due to a double booking. Unfortunately we couldn't stay at the Panza del Artista but their flexibility and friendliness in our communcations needs to be mentioned.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I spent my time in Peru alone and Panza del Artista was a home away from home. The family made me feel very welcomed and even invited me to the wedding of their daughter. I did not speak any spanish and they spoke almost no english but we had a terrific time. The rooms are large and a delicious breakfast was served every morning. The next time I go to Peru I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I just returned from two weeks in Peru and one of the highlights was my stay at Panza del Artista. after we arrived and got settled in Angela took us to the local market a 10 minute walk from the B and B. we shopped for specific foods as she was going to teach us to cook a classic Peruvian dish. we had such a great time in the market but the real fun was cooking back at the house. We drank beer and learned how to make Aji de Gallina. We had loads of laughs and it was all followed by sitting down with our host family to enjoy a truly delicious meal. It could not have been better. and each mornign there was an outstanding line up of food on the buffet for us to choose from. there is no better way to spend your time in Cusco than with this lovely family in their gorgeous home. plenty of privacy, hot water and good sleep was had as well.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I recently brought a group of twelve college students to Peru. When in Cusco and the surrounding region, we based ourselves at the Panza del Artista. We had a wonderful stay and I can't recommend it highly enough. Here are the highlights of my recommendation:
1. Location: Having stayed in San Blas before which has become a tourist haven, I was very eager for our group to stay at the Panza. It's located in Santiago, a real slice of Cusco, with candle makers, arcades, and barber shops on the surrounding streets. It's not a far walk to the Plaza de Armas and if you're out late, it's just a quick $1.50 cab ride back.
2. The family that runs the Panza. These guys are great! Super friendly and attentive. Their breakfast was great with amazing freshly made juice. When one of my students came down with a bug, the mother made chicken soup for him. Just what the doctor ordered! And when another student's camera broke, the family father, Carlos, offered to try and fix it, which he did! They'll wash your clothes too for less than what other places in Cusco charge. It helps to know some Spanish, but even if you just have the basics "gracias", "buenas dias", etc. you'll communicate fine. The family has such a good personable attitude with their guests.

3. Our group stayed five nights at the Panza and on our final night there, the family lit up the fire pits and we had a party in the Panza's garden. By the time we left, we felt like it was home!

• Stayed: June 2009