“Great place to stay if you're looking for a quiet laid back base to see Cuzco from”

Hospedaje Turistico Recoleta
Ranked #12 of 404 Specialty Lodging in Cusco
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

One of the best hostels we stayed at during our four months away from home! We stayed for five nights in total and can't fault the level of service and professionalism we received. Javier and all the staff were friendly and helpful throughout, hostel is spotlessly clean (rooms are serviced everyday), and a good breakfast served every morning. We left the hostel after four nights to see Machu Picchu and it was great to return two days later to a friendly welcome - our left luggage was waiting for us in our room, our laundry had been done and there was plenty of hot water for a shower :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

I hesitated at first to make reservations at this hostel - it seemed that it was more geared toward young people and my husband and I are not young! But we had 4 teenagers with us so I thought it might be fun for them. Plus, the price was right. It turned out to be the perfect place for our family. The staff, especially the owner Javier, was wonderful, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was modest, but there was a kitchen where you could prepare your own meals and a fridge to store your food. Javier was a great resource and helped us arrange transportation. When we found ourselves unexpectedly in Cuzco for an extra night (the trains were on strike), he made room for us.

The hostel also had plenty of common space for playing ping-pong, foosball, cards, watching movies, etc. There was also free internet service. It was a really relaxing place to hang out.

I highly recommend this hostel for travelers of all ages!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Cusco, Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

My stay at Recoleta was great. Javier and the staff were extremely helpful and always willing to give you advice about seeing the city or booking a tour. The dorm I stayed in was clean, only had four beds and was quiet when you needed to get a good night´s sleep. I found that there was a good mix of travelers but without the late-night noise of some of the party hostels in town. A respectable place that I would definitely come back to!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed at the Hospedaje Turistico Recoleta for over two weeks while conducting some preliminary dissertation research. I loved the place! The owner and staff went out of their way to help me with anything that I needed, and were very understanding about my uncertain travel schedule. The hostel was calm and quiet, which was perfect for me since I was working most of the time while I was there.

The beds are comfortable, and the shower was the best I had in two months of travel in South America. The hostel feels like a home, and the staff feel like a family. I highly recommend this hostel for anyone who wants a clean, comfortable, and quiet place to stay at a very reasonable price!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

Four of us stayed in a four bed dorm for two nights in May 2010. What makes this hostel stand out is the friendliness of the owner, Javier. He went out of his way to help out in any way possible. Plus, the beds were very comfortable, the showers were good and there was a nice common room to hang out in.

Only negative was the mediocre breakfast, but we haven't found a good one yet in Peru, so the bananas, bread and tea were actually par for the course.

Great hostel!

• Stayed May 2010
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

We chose this accomodation based on previous reviews on tripadvisor. It was clean, spacious, breakfast was great, and the only problem was that we were occassionally asked to change rooms during our stay which was an inconvenience. But despite this, it was a good location - only 10 mins walk from the main plaza, and safe at night.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

I was in and out of Cusco several times, and they were willing to store stuff I didn't need in the interim...always a warm welcome when I showed up. Xavier booked a Lake Titicaca tour on short notice, and it was well done.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo