“The best hostel I've ever stayed at!”

and 1 more site!
Hospedaje Turistico Recoleta
Ranked #16 of 480 Specialty Lodging in Cusco
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a really nice spacious for the three of us. It was the cheapest hostel out of the three hostels that I stayed in Peru, but this one had the highest quality by far. What made it so memorable was that all their staff came out to celebrate our friend's birthday at breakfast. They sang the happy birthday song and gave her a flower. It was very sweet of them. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hospedaje Turistico Recoleta

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at Reoleta Hostal twice - once before and again after trekking to Machu Picchu. The guys that run it are incredibly friendly and are genuinely happy to help in any way they can. The building isn´t huge, so has a nice homely feel about it and the whole place is kept really clean. It´s about a 10-15 minute walk to the central plaza and the neighbourhood feels very safe (as I found pretty much all of Cusco to be). There´s free wi-fi throughout (although the signal was weak in one room I stayed in) and there´s also free coca tea on offer to help with the altitude. Luggage storage is free and I had absolutely no qualms with leaving it for 5 days while I went trekking. Will definely stay again if I find myself back in Cusco!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for four nights in March 2013 and absolutely loved it. The staff were fantastic, couldn´t have been more helpful and friendly. We stayed in a double room with private bathroom, which was really big, clean and had hot running water. The place has a nice laid back atmosphere and is ideal for the slighty older traveller (25+) and couples. The location is a mere 10 minute walk to the main Plaza and there are a number of places to eat in the vicinity that are a little cheaper than the main square. Would definitely recommend! In the three months we´ve been travelling this is probably the best hostel we´ve stayed in!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed with Javier and his great team for a week whilst in Cusco. we booked a fantastic Sacred Valley tour through them and when off exploring lake titicaca we left our luggage there to find it in our new room on arrival at 4am, definately a nice suprise.

Rooms are large clean and have shelves and places to hang your gear. both rooms we have had included private bathroom.

Breakfast is included which gets you started for the day.

The other guests have been awesome and we have chatted to many over breakfast or on the terrace.

Its 10 min walk to the plaza and 5 to San Blas which is an awesome area to explore.

The owner Javier and his team are very friendly, smiling, up for a chat and eager to help or offer advice.

I really like this place.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I spent one week in Hospedaje Recoleta during the beginning of my stay in Cusco. The hostel is run by very friendly people, the rooms are cozy and the whole place is kept very clean. Simple, but delicious breakfast is included in the price. Also, you have unlimited supply of coca leaves to reduce the symptoms of altitude sickness. it takes just 15-20 minutes to walk to the center of Cusco and there are several good and not overpriced dining options in the area. The hostel is more like a house, calm and peaceful. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed in a private room before and after our inca trail trek. The guys running this hostel are very genuinely friendly and helpful. They offer to store luggage while off adventuring at no cost and we had quarks that it would be safe with them.
The rooms are very clean and breakfast is nice. It is a 10-15 minute walk to the centre but was not an issue at all.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I kept returning here after a trek and twice more after going into Bolivia. When you're travelling for so long it's nice to get that nice homely feel from the atmosphere of the hostel and the incredibly friendly staff. Javier, Katy and the others were really lovely. The place is clean and has good wifi. The showers are always nice and hot with good pressure. They also let me store luggage there for a whole month. The 10min walk to the center allows you to explore Cusco a little more and going down narrow Recoleta with it's restaurants and mysterious doors is always interesting. There is a nearby market and it's close to the buses for Pisac and Calca. Loved this place and would highly recommend a stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo