“Good value for the price”
Review of Prisma Hotel

and 1 more site!
Prisma Hotel
Ranked #90 of 164 Hotels in Cusco
San Francisco
“Good value for the price”
Reviewed October 5, 2008

I would recommend this hotel if you just needed a place to sleep for a night or 2. It's not a hotel you'll want to spend too much time in. My first night after my Machu Picchu trek, I thought I could get a hot shower at the Prisma Hotel, but unfortunately by 10 pm, the water was lukewarm. It's definitely no frills, but for US $50, I thought it was a good value and good location.

I mainly communicated with the hotel via email before my trip. I kept changing my mind about dates I wanted to stay since we were still debating whether to go to Lake Titicaca after MP. I had changed the dates again once arriving in Cusco and talking to them on the phone. When checking in and out, it looked like they referenced old emails to confirm the dates of my stay. This caused some confusion, but they made a call to my main email/phone contact person and there were no problems.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 15, 2008

As part of a larger trip with G.A.P. Adventures, my group spent one night at the Prisma upon arrival in Cusco, and one night there after we finished our trek on the Inca Trail. It was a nice place--nothing out-of-this-world, but just right for our purposes. Here are my impressions:

-clean common areas and individual rooms
-rooms are a decent size
-rooms are equipped with heaters and TVs with cable (including many english speaking stations), plus 2-3 electric outlets
-the showers didn't seem to run out of hot water (a must when you're traveling with a large group returning from 4 days on the trail!)
-the front desk staff were helpful, and some spoke english
-breakfast buffet was decent (although I'm not sure of the value, since it was included with my tour)
-front desk provides hair driers free of charge, you just have to ask
-hotel is in a safe area (I believe the doorman was there 24 hours; he was there at 3 am, anyway!), about a 8-10 minute walk from the main city square
-gift shop actually has a lot of nice items priced competitively compared to the other shops I visited in Cusco
-rooms on lower floors were a bit noisy, especially early in the morning

• Liked — friendly staff and great location
  • Disliked — noisy in the mornings
  • Stayed August 2008
3 Thank k99js06
Calgary
Reviewed July 4, 2008

Hi

we stayed at the prisma for 8 nights over 16 days.
we were away a few night at a time and they looked after our extra bags etc

laundry service was excellent..

the hotel was clean and breakfast was fine and included.

only 10 min to the square and we felt safe walking there at night
also 5 min walk to the Mega supermarket for groceries etc

would stay at prisma next time
(my wife stayed at the prisma in Marach 2006 and liked it then too)

• Liked — clean and the people were friendly
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank DaveCalgary
vancouver
Reviewed June 7, 2008

Stayed at the hotel for the total of two nights as part of GAP Adventures. The hotel is centrally located, clean and comfortable. The hotel is simple, but adequate. There is always hot water and that is a plus as I find you don't always have that luxury in that part of the world while traveling.The staff is friendly, there is free internet access, laundry service. We ate at the restaurant twice and have no complaints about the food. Would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in Cuzco.

• Liked — location, comfort
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank vsaldez
nebraska, USA
Reviewed May 4, 2008

We recently spent four nights at the Prisma Hotel in Cusco. It was a beautiful, clean, centrally located hotel. The food was excellent and the staff members were very helpful. It is not a luxurious hotel, but it has a charm and beauty of its own. It is a great value for the price.

We are grateful to our travel agency, Faruel, for picking this hotel.

Bob & Nora Ficke
Nebraska, USA

• Liked — friendly atmosphere, location, good food, good value
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank noranebraska_USA
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Prisma on 3 separate occasions as part of a G.A.P. Adventures tour group. We were very satisfied. The hotel was clean, staff were helpful, and internet access on their computer was free. They have an onsite restaurant, although we only had Coca tea from it. They offered a laundry service at a reasonable rate and provided a secured room for luggage to remain for those heading to Machu Picchu. Rooms were spacious enough with good hot water pressure in the showeres. The other bonus was the location- just out of the city centre, but easily within walking distance to it, great eateries, and great shopping. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others who visit the city of Cusco. It is probably a 3 star, but that is just fine...great price for a great stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed January 2008