“Not a good place to start a holiday in.”
Review of Prisma Hotel

Prisma Hotel
Ranked #92 of 170 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Didn't enjoy any aspect of this place. It is very noisy, no matter which room you get put in. I stayed twice, pre and post a tour, and both were as bad as the other. The staff are dreadful and it seems go out of there way to be rude and unhelpful. The location is on a busy street about a 10-15 minute walk from the main areas of Cuzco. I can't tell you what other services they offer as the staff wouldn't advise anything. The wi-fi is dreadful and so so slow it is not worth the effort to try and access it. Breakfast is basic, which can be okay considering the country we're in, but the staff again were so rude. if you don't get there early, bad luck as the don't seem to replenish the hot food once it's gone. Overall, avoid if you can, and if it is a compulsory hotel due to a tour, go in with low expectations, at least you won't be disappointed then!!

Room Tip: To get a good room, stay in another hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Chairman1963
There are newer reviews for Prisma Hotel

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed two nights here on two separate ends of my trip to Inca Trail with G Adventures. Excellent location and great service/staff. Breakfast was great with lots of choices. My first night on the 3rd floor, was great--quiet. We had a room overlooking the inner courtyard and as long as you closed the windows, it was quiet and room very comfortable. On my return, we had the unfortunate room overlooking the parking garage. Do not take a room here! It was Halloween night so streets were packed with people all night long. Even though the garage supposedly closes at 10PM, the noise continued until midnight, and started again at 6AM. It was my worse night sleeping on my 16-day trip! The elevator also broke a few times, so be prepared to lug your suitcases down the steps. Wifi was very spotty, didn't work in the restaurant. Worked best in the lobby, foyer area, which was very nice and a great place to relax over some coca tea!

Room Tip: Do not take a room facing the main street (Calle Matara) or over the parking garage (3rd floor near...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here as part of a tour. We got a room on the top floor and there are no elevators so we had to walk about 4 flights of stairs, it can be quite difficult if you are not used to the altitude yet. The staff carried our suitcases up so that was really nice.

Hotel and room are pretty basic. Free wifi works only in certain areas, definitely problematic in our rooms. We had breakfast included that was also pretty basic.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed her with G Adventures before and after the inca trail. The rooms were big with good sized bathrooms. Staff were always friendly with us. It was quick and easy to get laundry done after the trail. Breakfast was continental buffet and was nice enough. Only problem I had was the noise. Both of our rooms were at the front, next to the road and from about 5am there was no hope of sleeping!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Let's see, where to start with what's wrong with this hotel?
1: Rooms are LOUD. I mean REALLY LOUD. I had earplugs on and the noise from the street is deafening. I was on a tour and all the others on the tour complained as well.
2: Food - awful. Like super bad. I'll pretty much eat anything, but this was the nastiest, most flavourless food ever
3: Wake up call - none. Good thing I hadn't slept the night before because of the noise or I would've missed my bus to Machu Picchu. When I tried asking the desk what happened, she was super rude and pretty much walked away from me.
4: Staff - rude. Not helpful
5: Security - there is none. My room key was given to someone who wasn't even staying in my room! All they did was ask for my room key and the hotel gave it to them. Good thing this person was also on my tour or a total stranger would've robbed me blind.
5: Security (again) - one of my tour-mates had a room in one of the hallways and I could get in her room by opening the window, then unlocking the door. The windows don't lock.

Again, this is first time I've posted a bad review about anything anywhere. Seriously, stay elsewhere

Room Tip: you can get a better room by staying in another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Muir C
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Like everyone else i stayed here as part of the GAdventures package. The hotel is in a central location with everything within easy walking distance.
Breakfast is basic with fruit, some cereals and eggs on request.
The rooms are clean with good showers but very noisy. If you are at the front you hear street noise almost all night, in the middle you hear the lift going up and down and then you have other guests checking in and out at all hours.
So it is not the best place to get a good nights sleep before a long hike.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eoireitum
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We asked for a triple room and were told they didn't have one.

We knew they did so argued it and then suddenly a key was passed to us.

The reception staff made up the prices as they went along for water, laundry etc.

Generally they were rude.

As for the rooms - they were what they were and we're too bad for the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends