“Terrible service, Noisy.. but clean and basic.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Prisma Hotel

and 1 more site!
Prisma Hotel
Ranked #89 of 163 Hotels in Cusco
“Terrible service, Noisy.. but clean and basic.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff is unfriendly and unhelpful. We stayed here with G Adventures, and many of our mature group found the reception staff rude.

Expect a very noisy stay, as walls are paper thin and the groups that stay are younger. You can hear everyone coming and going, in hallways and other rooms.
WiFi signal is not good. Many dead areas in the hotel, and the signal comes and goes.

PROS:
The location is good. Easy walk to center of town. Showers were hot with good pressure. Breakfast was not bad. Good TV with an assortment of channels.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We just got back from the Cusco, Peru areas yesterday. What a great trip thanks to CuscoPeruViajes who coordinated our trip. When we travel we love to stay at smaller locally owned hotels that are not luxury American owned hotels. The Prima Hotel is one of these which is very well ran, cute, and clean making it a great place to stay in Cusco. Our room had a beautiful bathroom and very honest and friendly service. We requested a room on their 4th floor because they have beautiful views with balconies. Due to the altitude, you get short of breath going up the stairs but since we were not in a hurry and on vacation...all you need to do is stop...rest 1-2 minutes to catch your breath.....and continue up. It is great exercise and good for you to get used to climbing the rest of the Inca cities you will be seeing in the surrounding areas. I also recommend the second or third floors but those do not have balconies. They are in the process of putting an elevator which should be finished soon.
We highly recommend CuscoPeruViajes.com who coordinated our entire trip to Cusco and surrounding area including our stay at Prisma Hotel , Aguas Calientes, MachuPicchu-Huayna Picchu.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Lots of group tours stay in Hotel Prisma so it tends to get pretty noisy at certain times. The rooms are small and basic (though with the large flat-screen TV that seems to be a prerequisite for Lima hotel rooms) - mostly wooden furniture. Pillows are flat and rather uncomfortable. Fortunately, the showers have lots of hot running water.

Location is about 10 minutes walk to the Plaza de Armas in Cusco. Around the hotel, there are supermarkets, minimart, pharmacies. It's a couple of minutes from the money changers on Avenida del Sol. It's also just round the corner from less touristy restaurants that are frequented more by the locals, such as great roasted chicken at Los Toldos and great desserts and pork sandwiches at Cafe Ayulla.

We stayed in two different rooms at Prisma Hotel. If you are having altitude sickness, the climb up to the fourth room can be a bit of a pain since there are no elevators. The porters may also not be available to help you bring down your bags if you are leaving early in the morning on the Inca Trail. There are two wings - the wing on the right of the reception is less noisy and has some big tables for groups and reading books on the various floors, so I would recommend that.

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed as part of a G Adventure trip. Our first room was very nice,.. quieter than that on the second visit when we were properly tired. The first room was large, quiet and comfortable.
The second visit saw us in a room on the second floor. The rooms appear divided by very thin walls. We heard everything from staff in the morning to other guests. It appeared that the rooms had been squeezed in. Having said that the rooms were all perfectly adequate.
Breakfast was fine and fuelled us up nicely for the day.
Staff at the front office were attentive and helpful.
Wifi seemed to work best in reception, we managed to skype home.
Hotel is in a good location with easy access to the rest of Cusco.
Would have given it 4 stars, but the noise on the second visit marks it down.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Like a lot of other reviewers, I stayed here on a GAdventures tour--the company is well represented here (there's a desk in the lobby).

The rooms are clean and basic-similar to what GAdventures uses elsewhere, and were this review based solely on the rooms, I would have given them a higher rating. The hotel is well located in proximity to the Plaza de Armas and Qoriqancha (the Sun Temple).

Unfortunately, the noise factor is a serious problem. I had two rooms on the interior of the hotel and was awakened every night by other guests coming and going (interestingly, although everyone seemed aware of the noise problem, no one seemed able to not speak at the top of their lungs in the hallway especially at 3 am). My last night in the hotel I had a window onto a sitting area on the second floor and at 6:30 in the morning the cleaning staff decided to gather for conversation and then turned on a radio and sang along. Not fun.

Wifi was touch and go. I had a PC laptop and iDevice and could never get the wifi to work on both at the same time. Breakfast was fine in the hotel restaurant, but the dinner was one of the worst things I've ever eaten-in a town with so many great culinary things happening, you can definitely find better.

Room Tip: I wish I could tell you the trick to getting a quiet room, but I can't.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here in March 2013 as part of a G adventures tour. The hotel is cheap and you get what you pay for. However the breakfast is ok and the showers excellent. Location is also good close to the main square.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lovettsville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was on a 3 day / 2 night tour of Cusco and Machu Picchu and the tour company I arranged the trip through put me up in the Prisma Hotel. I read the reviews prior to my trip and had a pretty good idea what I was getting into. Check in was quick and the front desk personal was prepared for my visit and friendly. Everyone I spoke to at the front desk during my stay spoke OK English. As I filled in the registration form, I was offered a cup of cocoa tea. The room was small with a single bed, the bathroom tiny but adequate, with a shower. I did not experience any problems with the hot water though it took about a minute to get hot water when I took a shower. Overall the room was very clean. The room looked over the lobby. The bed was a bit hard but after all the walking and touring that day, my sleep was good. I did hear noise (people talking) from the lobby but I was so tired it did not bother me. I could see where it could annoy some. The room did have a small TV with many channels. The hotel had free WiFi and I found the signal in my room and lobby to be good. There is a small electrical heater on the floor but did not need it. The Breakfast was typical, breads, fruits, cheese, meats along with tea, coffee, and juices. This is a 3 star hotel and if you want an inexpensive place to stay that is clean and close to the center of the historical district, this would be a good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo