“So so but beter than Monarca around the corner”
Review of Hotel Awki's Dream

Hotel Awki's Dream
Ranked #103 of 170 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Booked it for 6 nights over a period of 2 weeks. The first night we got there we were shown a room with no windows, fortunately I asked and got a better room. Basic room, looked clean. The problem was lack of hot water in the evening till morning and worst of all the shower leaked, we were a family of 4 and over the two days our bathroom floor was always flooded, aftre complaining repeatedly, the hotel staff did nothing so we cancelled the rest of the nights. Breakfast was ok.
We paiod $90p/n. There is another hotel called Monarca aroudn the corner, which is the worst hotel I have visited, unfortunately from Awki's dreamw e moved to Monarca which was even worse, between the two I would chose Awki's dream.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Awki's Dream

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This small hotel is very well run and clean. Breakfast was quite traditional which i liked and like so many places in Peru cocoa leave are available in the foyer to make tea to help offset the altitude sickness. hotel is reasonable walking distance, 10 minutes from the main centre and food is nearby. We didn't eat here except for Breakfast

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of an Intrepid group. I liked this hotel the least out of all of the hotels I stayed in, in Peru. My room (203) window overlooked an inner cleaning area. The room did not feel clean although I did see staff cleaning. I was afraid to walk on the carpets with socks or bare feet. The TV had very poor reception. The rooms all overlook the lobby so are quite noisy, you will need ear plugs. On the plus side this hotel had the best breakfast buffet of all of the hotels I stayed in. Laundry is also very reasonable here, 5 soles per kilo. There is free Wi-fi. There is no elevator.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Spent 4 nights at this hotel and very happy to write a positive reveiw. Awki's dream is a small backsteet hotel 10 minutes walk from the main square of Cusco, the hotel and rooms are modern and very clean, bed was most comfortable and bathroom spotless with lovely hot water. The staff are very helpful and always very polite and cheerful, breakfast is of a very good standard too. Overall difficult to find anything to be negative about other than the noise you'll hear if you end up with a road facing room, i moved my room to the back of the hotel as there was availabilty and subsequently slept soundly...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Its a nice property but a little too far. About 8-10 blocks away from the plaza. We stayed in this property during high season at the end of july and early august. Hotel is nice and clean with very helpful and friendly staff. Rooms were clean and had heaters that were helpful at night. A few things we didn't like was the noise from early risers that can be heard in our rooms and only one person in the breakfast room cleaning tables, washing dishes, watching the buffet, and cooking during busy season. We were left waiting for a clean table as our time was running to get to our tour. The location seemed ok at first, it was fun to walk in a narrow one way street to the plaza, but the long distance, running out of air and hearing cars honking constantly quickly took their toll on us. Hearing cars honk in the morning in front of the hotel at all times of the day because of the one way street also makes for a rude awakening. So overall it was ok with the cleanliness and the friendly and professional staff, but next time I'll try something closer to the plaza.

Room Tip: Avoid street side. Cars honking early in the morning if you need to sleep late.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Simplysadhere
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights during a trip to Cuzco and the Sacred Valley and was very happy with the hotel. I stayed in 2 different rooms, and found both to be clean and well equipped with a fridge, heater, TV and safe ,although the safe was a bit difficult to use. The bathrooms were nicely finished and the only small issue was that the shower was VERY powerful and hot! The beds were comfortable with lots of warm blankets - in fact I didn't even need to use the heater. I stayed for one night, then went to Aguas Calientes for one night to go to Machu Picchu. They stored my luggage for me, kept my valuables safe, and had my luggage waiting in my new room for my return. The hotel was in a good central location, about a 10 minute walk from the Plaza de Armas. There was a reasonable choice at breakfast, and coca tea was available free at any time. All in all I was very happy with the accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Hotel overrall is ok, not far away from main square, and if you take the taxe it is about 3-5 soles from hotel to the main square. Rooms were ok, we resided in the fourth floor and there were not that many people in the hotel at this period. So, it was pretty quiet during the night. One and the biggest concern I had, it was that we have some problems with our flight and I had to make call to StarPeru. The receptionist guy could not dial the number, he tried Peru number and two States numbers and all the time He was telling me number is not working. I called StarPeru States number before leaving to Peru and everything was working. So, i think the receptionist guy did not know how to use the phone. Because of it we had to run to the airport to find out what is going on and in case to catch the earlier flight. We still planned to stay half day in Cusco, but because phones are not working in hotel we had to change our plans desperately. Also, we ask hotel for the cab from airport to hotel, and nobody was waiting us when we landed in Cusco, so we took a cab from airport ourselves. The hotel receptionist told us she ordered it. So it was couple of things that dissapointed me about this hotel. Also, breakfast was fine i do not have any complains on this part.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple