Casa Andina Premium Arequipa
Asturias Silver(Arequipa)
  • Restaurant
Hostal La Reyna(Arequipa)
1,265 results
All reviewssenior suitebeautiful hotelprivate collectionmodern wingoriginal buildingold sectionpublic spacessanta catalina conventcolonial mansionopen courtyardthe main squarewithin easy walking distancezig zagbreakfast buffetcolca canyonsuperior roomstayed here for two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here a couple of nights at the start of my tour of Peru. Being a former mint building, the communal areas are really lovely.

I would give it a TripAdvisor rating of 4 out of 5 for the following reasons:

Excellent location. No more than a couple of minutes’ walk to the main tourist sites.

Breakfast is very good. The choice and quality was very good, especially considering this is not a 5 star hotel. Both hot and cold buffet offered decent choice and decent quality. The setting in the courtyard for breakfast is lovely too, although a little chilly. Apparently there is a harpist there each morning however my breakfasts never seemed to coincide with when he was playing. (I ate breakfast very early each morning, which could be why).

My room was in the “newer block/extension”. No character to speak of. My window overlooked the internal communal corridor, so for privacy reasons I had to permanently keep the curtains drawn. Although lacking any real character or views, the room was clean, spacious and the bathroom products were nice. My en-suite was shower only. A minor point, but I will mention this: - from my bedroom I could hear other guests moving around in their bathroom/ could hear the toilets flushing, so soundproofing wasn’t great. . The room itself was comfortable enough, as was my bed.

The lovely communal areas more than made up for the plain bedrooms.

I found the service from the Reception staff to be good. They were always very helpful as were the housekeeping staff.

I dined in the hotel restaurant one evening. The setting was stunning, beautiful room with vaulted ceiling. The service was fast. The food served to me was luke warm, not so cold that I would send it back, but not really warm enough for my preference. The flavours were OK, but I had better meals out in Arequipa. Having said that, the meal was still OK.

Check in was swift, however, they may wish to consider asking guests during check in if they wish to use their bedroom safe, and if so, that they give them the key during check in. Having travelled 30 hours solid to get to my first destination of Arequipa, I was exhausted, got up to my room, only to find I had to go back down to Reception to collect a key in order to be able to use my bedroom safe. Sorry but I think it would make check in more efficient.
All in all this was a very good hotel for the price I paid.

Room Tip: Request a room wtih City views rather than a room where the window overlooks the internal communal corridors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I cannot think of anything I did not like about this hotel. The location is perfect for visiting Arequipa- in the center but on a quiet side street. The room was very comfortable with attention to detail, such as room layout and tea and coffee in the room, very clean, nice bathroom, comfy beds. The building, the courtyard and decor in public areas are such that one wants to sit and relax there. The breakfast was plentiful and varied. It was a restful and beautiful place to stay in Arequipa.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The restaurant and public parts of this hotel are stunning and very well maintained. The courtyard where breakfast is served is really beautiful and elegant and I did not find it cold even though we were there at the end of July. The bedrooms in the modern part are fine. Obviously not as gorgeous as the old parts of the building but that is reflected in the price .You get the feel of staying in the older place because you have to go through the courtyard and old stone rooms to get in or out. We only ate in once because the restaurants in town are also good but when we did it was a great meal. Really good base in a lovely town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This ambiance from this hotel is fantastic. Great setting in an old house very well decorated and looked after. The lounge area feels like sitting outside whilst keeping you dry and is great for a drink in the evening. Breakfast here was the best in Peru and the harp player made for an excellent experience. Room was good although a little small but perfectly comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel although it has an older looking facade of limestone and timber opens into a lovely limestone cobbled courtyard with large stone columns and walls. Comfortable cane lounges and tables and chairs give the area a fresh and sunny feel. A walk through a collonade leads to the restaurant with a courtyard where you can dine tastefully al fresco if you wish.Then to your rooms, reasonably sized and tastefully decorated with king bed and good linen offering a great nights sleep.
The restaurant offers good food and service at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends