Tripadvisor
Arequipa

“FABULOUS EXPERIENCE!”

La Benita de los Claustros
Ranked #60 of 674 Restaurants in Arequipa
Description: Welcome to the local cuisine legend. La Benita de los claustros! My name is Roger, Benita´s son, I am an architect and cook. Let me tell you that we have structured and presented, in a different way, our menus, as well as our dishes. Our intention is to offer you the best gastronomic experience of Arequipa´s food. We invite you to “TASTE AREQUIPA IN 8 OR 4 DISHES" where we have considered the local History, traditions, our territorial systems, stews, fried foods, sauces and salads. Thank you very much!!!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Simply fabulous! All the staff who work at the restaurant are charming. You feel they are your friends forever, because of the way they explain each dish and guide you through the entire experience. One of my favorite dishes was the frozen cheese ice cream, exquisite! Another night I returned to eat one, after dinner. The fried cheese is also delicious and the stuffed rocotto can not be missed. I recommend that it be the first restaurant you visit in Arequipa, you will not regret it! Good prices.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (238)

Reviewed November 24, 2019

This restaurant features tasting menus, with 4, 6, or 8 courses of authentic food--too much food for me and a bit too expensive. Our server, the owners grandson, told us we could order any course separately, so we did. The salad-type dish I ordered was very good and plenty to eat. My partner's relleno was excellent, and was more than he could eat. Our server gave us a brief explanation of our dishes when he brought them to us--a very nice touch. The restaurant's setting in a courtyard of a former cloister makes this restaurant even more memorable.

Reviewed November 17, 2019

This is worth going to just because of the ambiance. Very cute! We had guinea pig and a drink and it was lovely!

Reviewed November 12, 2019

Went there on our last night in Arequipa. The setting is beautiful and staff attentive. Only disappointment was the food which was not as great as we had hoped. Prices could also be a little lower for what we got. I would still go back and recommend it.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 25, 2019 via mobile

We found this place by accident and we found it really good, nice environment, and the food is excellent, they explain to you the history of each plate and they are very nice. Because we were 2 we couldn't eat their specialty that consist of various dishes so you can taste a whole experience but it was really good, if I go back to Arequipa definitely I would back to this place.