“Fabulous Guest House!”

La Casa de Ana-Peru
Ranked #18 of 99 Hotels in Arequipa
“Fabulous Guest House!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 2 friends stayed at La Casa de Ana for 2 nights. It was fabulous and we really didn't want to leave. Ana is absolutely lovely and even let us keep our room well after checkout so we could shower and freshen up before our long bus journey. She also speaks excellent English and is very helpful and knowledgable with booking tours, recommending restaurants etc.

The guesthouse is in a gorgeous neighborhood with lovely cobblestone streets and is next to downtown, but just across the river. Its an easy walk into downtown. The guesthouse also has a great kitchen for use and has a rooftop terrace with views of the mountains and the volcano!

Overall, it is a fantastic and welcoming place to stay, and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed February 22, 2013

La casa de Ana is a super nice house, with a bed cozier Peru.
Sad that tourists do not have much time to sleep ...
Ana is very receptive, there also lives the cat Caramela, and we have the view of the volcanoes on the terrace.
The neighborhood is very charming with some small streets crossing Yanahuara
Breakfast is very good with natural fruit juice and something like cake or empanada.
Also with Ana we booked our Colca Canyon Tours. We suggest spend the night at Yanque

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Ana was super nice! She provided very useful and accurate information. She was very generous and helpful. She showed that she cared. The room was spacious and comfortable although the bathroom was kind of small. Bathroom was not very clean somewhere on the floor but that was ok. no breakfast. overall the stay was excellent and I wish I have had more time to stay there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank purpleclouds
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Ana was incredibly helpful in book tours and a bus out of town. She was very personal and the breakfast was fantastic - the best I had in my three weeks in Peru. Rooms were very clean and quiet. I did a load of laundry and hung it on the line. When I came back from a day excursion, it was folded on the bed. Ana goes out of her way to make sure you are comfortable and taken care of.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Ana is a very friendly and helpful hostess. I arrived early in the morning at Arequipa (6am), she offered me a free welcome breakfast, bread with butter and jam, tea, juice. The housekeeper lady even asked me if I wanna have fried eggs and gave me fresh fruit to eat. Have never happened elsewhere.

I had a room with 3 beds although I booked a single room. Hot water with good pressure. The roof is a good place to kill time and to talk with others. My only complain is there were some flies in the room. I killed 3. The cable TV has so many channels, even Japanese and Chinese.

My bus was 9pm in the evening. Ana let me stay in my bedroom until I left, which was extremely nice of her.

It's a tad far from Plaza the Armas, about 20 minutes by walk. But it's close to Plaza de Yanahuara. And there are several good restaurants nearby.

It's sad I only have time to stay one night in Arequipa. If I have a chance to come back for Colca Canyon, I'll definitely come back to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Saint Johns
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Ana's place three times during June 2012. This is more of a bed and breakfast home and it is a wonderful place to stay. Our bedroom was large, with two beds, clean, well maintained, good hot water and always ready for our arrival. Breakfast was served fresh each morning with plenty to eat. There is nice terrace on the top floor. Ana's has a clothes washer which is really convenient (@15 soles/wash). Location is very good and within walking distance to center of town. Taxies and motos are always available on nearby streets (cost is 3-5 soles depending on negotiation - ask Ana). Ana can give whatever advice is needed. She not only knows about Arequipa but most of Peru and can arrange tours/transport as required. Ana allowed us to leave our luggage for several days when we traveled out of Arequipa which was a real hlep. Security is excellent. Casa de Ana is a wonderful place to stay and best price for all the amenities.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed at casa de Ana for 3 nights, went on an overnight colca canyon bus tour (which we wouldn't recommend unless Ana changed tour company like we suggested which she really appreciated), and again for 1 night. She helped arrange our bus to Ica and gave us tons of helpful advice for things to do and places to eat in Arequipa. The rooms are beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The kitchen is well equipped. Breakfast is easily the best we have ever has in south America. The walk to the Plaza takes 15-20 mins but is pleasant and very safe.

Our only issue was that a hot water pipe burst in our room and flooded it. Some of our stuff was permanently damaged. She offered 1 free night stay when we told her our reasonably low cost of replacing the items, and we countered with 1.5 free night. She was agreeable and definitely apologetic. She assured us that it has never happened before, and the place is well maintained, so I believe her, but it definitely put a damper on our stay. I'd still recommend it though because it really is a home away from home, and Ana is kind and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple