New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #9 of 91 Hotels in Arequipa
Bradenton, Florida
“You must stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed here before and after our trip to the Colca Canyon.
We had a room in the original part of the house. Perfect!
Clean, quiet and very safe. Super location--nice walk into the
main square. A 3 minute walk to a great supermarket with lots of ready made food.
The owners made sure all our needs were met. Arranged for our 2day overnight tour of the Colca Canyon in a perfect hotel and stored our luggage.
A delicious breakfast served in the morning on the veranda.
Spanish, English, French and German spoken.
WIFI is free and fast.
Do not stay anywhere but HERE when in Arequipa!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank phyllis667

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I liked being here so much I extended my stay by four nights. From the moment I arrived Grandfather Antonio reminded me that their guests were friends and not strangers - and that's exactly how it was. So much so that he would give me daily coaching on my Spanish, and advice on books to help. My room was cleaned daily and always spotless. The breakfast was gently provided by one of their staff - delicious juice, fruit and choice of eggs...Tonio, son on reception, was hugely helpful with the many sites to see in Arequipa (and there are many!) including ones that are off the beaten track - make sure you go to the Convent of Recoleta near the hotel and see the amazing library. Tonio also helped me book my Colca Canyon trip, advising me of the differences between the different tour agencies. If you are in Arequipa, you can't miss the Canyon - and I was pleased I went for the two night option there, lots of trekking possibilities. Also, don't miss Museo Santuarios Andinos. The hotel is a short walk from the main square - it was a relief to be away from the touristic bustle of the centre and also near a supermarket to pick up any things that I needed. Only a couple of days since I left and it feels too long.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Elena2112
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Don't be fooled by the surrounding neighbourhood. This hotel is charming, the owner very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast delicious up on the outdoor patio. Free wifi, cable TV, and hot showers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hornsby, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed in the family room (1 double, 2 single beds) and everything was perfect. The room was clean, beds comfortable, Wifi fast in the room, quiet , no heating but wasn't necessary. The owners were exceptional , They provided any help we could think of. We could store our luggage for the day we went to colca canyon ad we could leave our valuables in their safety deposit box. Secure parking was round the corner for 15 soles per day. It was a 10 min walk to plaza de armas and a bigger supermarket was 3 min away. The breakfast was outstanding and the best we had so far: a fresh fruit bowl, omelette/ fried egg, fruit juice, bred rolls, butter, jam and a mix of different teas or coffee (instant). The owners even waved us good bye. All in all a 10/10 experience  and we would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aussimaus
Cusco, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We got a warm welcome and a lot of information about the city from the staff. We could use their facilities, like kitchen and luggage storage. The room was clean, enough space and it had a nice hot shower. The beautiful terrace with delicious breakfast in the sun was the best! A place to recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

A charming hotel in a nice area of the town, located near by the center, which I found very pleasant, as it is a quite and peaceful place, like a oasis where you can have a good rest. The plaza de armas is only about a five minutes walk away. The owners are very friendly and helpful with everything. The rooms are cosy and clean. Breakfast, which I found excellent, is served on a nice terasse...All in all a very nice place, I recommend it strongly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The website Booking says the hotel is about 500m from the Plaza de Armas, that's not true, it's about 1km and some meters, just check on Google Maps. If I knew it, I would have looked for a hotel closer to the Plaza.

Positive points:
Clean rooms
Lovely staff
Good breakfast

Negative points:
It's not so close to the Plaza de Armas, the owner said that the path until there is not dangerous, but I didn't feel safe walking around there at night. It's about 15min walking.
The room we stayed at was a little bit dark

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family