“Friendly staff and good hotel”

Las Torres de Ugarte
Ranked #6 of 102 Hotels in Arequipa
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. Overall good hotel. We changed room as we were next to the kitchen which was noisy in the morning. Our second room was in the patio which was older then the ones inside the hotel and colder as they are outside. If you prefer a modern room go with the one inside the hotel but not the one next to the kitchen. The ones in the patio have 3 beds (1 double/2 singles). But the shower was amazing! Hot water and a lot SPLASH. Best shower we had so far! Great staff, they will help with everything. Also late checkout. If you are cold ask for a heater, specially the rooms in the patio they are a bit colder and the heater helped a lot. Breakfast is great value, eggs made on order too. Location is good 5 mins from the centre, really not far. Initially I thought its overprized but now I think it's ok. Considering Arequipa is a city and the services they provide, I believe it's good. I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Viajando4567

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I only spent one night here, but the hotel was lovely. My room was clean, bed comfortable and shower hot and strong. Breakfast was great. There's a courtyard out the back with more rooms. I´d suggest asking for a room at the back as it can be a little noisy on the street side if you're sensative to noise. It's in a good location too, nice and close to everything.

Room Tip: I´d suggest asking for a room at the back as it can be a little noisy on the street side if you'...
Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I feel me very well in this hotel, like at home. Staff are very hospitable, friendly and helpful. Rooms (I stayed in 2 different) was clean, the bed is very comfortable. Its very near to centrum, near to monastery.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed in the Las Torres for 5 nights and really liked it a lot. The stuff was extremly helpful and friendly. They have a quite big turtle in a nice, small and quiet garden, who seemed to support them by making everybody laugh and i.e. trying to place herself under my feet. The breakfast was efinetly the best I had in all over Peru and I had good breakfast quite often. They make a different little appeticer every day and change fresh juices daily. It´s really just a few meters to the monastery and by the way, there is no reconstruction work anyomre, so it was quiet during the day.. I highly recommend it! Friendly nice place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I think the hotel was great! Clean and nice, super cheap for that level of comfort and especially breakfast. The guy who cooks is so sweet, I wanted to take him home, like a grandpa :) The staff is super helpful, got us taxis and changed our flights.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We only stayed one night in Arequipa, but this hotel really was the perfect base - it's very close to the convent, the main plaza and shopping/restaurants. The hotel itself is clean, the rooms are decorated in a modern style and the wifi works well. Breakfast is served in a small dining room and they have a gentleman who can prepare eggs for you if you want. It was a simple, but good selection. The staff at reception are very friendly, able to give advice and always on hand. The security is good too - the reception staff have to open the door for you so it helps make sure only guests enter. They also helped us by ensuring the price of the taxi to the airport was not a rip off. All in all a lovely stay, good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This hotel is a great value, located close to the Plaza de Armas and other sites in the old city. There are lots of places to eat and drink close by. The rooms are what you would expect for the price but the service was excellent and the breakfast a little better than the typical Peruvian restaurant fare (would have said much better but for the coffee alternatives). I would definitely stay here again. They warned that my room might be noisy because it was on the second floor on the street side but I did not find that to be true. Rooms on the 2nd floor did not have numbers--sort of strange. They have a terrace with a nice view and a little garden area for lounging.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business