Hostal Villa Melgar
$118
$71
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot waterthe main squaretriple roomlate checkwi fiyogurta great staycomfortable bedthird floorquiet at nightfew blocksbreakfast includednice roomclean roomsbreadshowerhostel
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The service here is like that of a 5-star hotel. Sergio, the manager, is great. Example- When I left for La Paz, I left behind my book in a restaurant in Arequipa. Sergio recovered the book for me, offered to arrange to have it sent to La Paz, and eventually held it for me when I passed back through Arequipa.

Also, this place has the best shower I saw in all of South America, staying in hostels in this same price range. A good shower, after a long time without one, can be pretty important.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dude M
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Somehow this place has good reviews.... Somehow.
The place it's just OK, nothing special about it to be honest, but it was ok for one night....
Breakfast was very plain.
We got a double bed with shared bathroom for about s/. 60

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sergio d, General Manager at Hostal Villa Melgar, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for using your valuable time to share your experience at Hostal Villa Melgar Arequipa. We really appreciate all guest feedback as an opportunity to improve our services and facilities for our future guests.

We would like to inform you and to our future guests that we do not longer have shared bathrooms. Currently all of our rooms have private bathrooms with showers or baths, Flat screen Cable Tv's, carpeted floors and all the facilities of a Touristic Hostal.

Thanks again for your review,

Sergio D. Del Carpio Villafuerte
General Manager - HOSTAL VILLA MELGAR

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This hostel is so good. It is really nice and very clean. The guy in the reception speaking english and he was very helpful and friendly. He let us have a late check out for free and then we could leave our backpacks there a couple of hours. We really appriceate that. The breakfast was ok. Better than many other places in Peru. Fresh bread, marmalade, juice, coffe, tea, youghurt and cereals. It is a short walk 5-10 minutes to Plaza Armas. But it doesn't mather us, it is safe on the street around the hostel. If I go to Arequipa again I would choose Villa Melgar. And I really recommend it to you!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Johanna90
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and had booked the triple room for the two of us. This turned out to be the 6 bed dorm, so plenty of room and two hot showers :) the WiFi was very good and the place was clean (so clean it smelled a bit strongly of soap).
The manager was extremely helpful and spoke perfect English. Laundry service was fine. The manager also let us stay for late check-out when we had an evening bus to catch, free of charge. Altough breakfast was actually quite terrible (pita bread and jelly only), I would definitively stay here again :).

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kwever
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I only spent one night in Villa Melgar, but it was a great stay. Room was good and comfortable, with a great view to El Misti and there was also free wi-fi available. Considering the price it is definitely an option in Arequipa.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo