“Sandboarding Arequipa”

Peru Breathtaking Trips
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Peru Breathtaking Trips is a Peruvian owned company that offers a wide array of tours such as sightseeing, biking, sandboarding, trekking and more in different places such as Arequipa, Colca Canyon, Cusco, Lake Titicaca and more.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went sandbaording for a half day outside of Arequipa. Amazing experience. Wilmar is a great guide and completely fluent in English. Some of the most fun I had on tour in South America. Completely safe. Wilmar's brother takes pictures the whole time you are guaranteed to get some great shots for your scrapbook. The tour offers two different hills, one of which is a canyon with stunning views. Do this tour!!!

2  Thank Jeremy11488
WilmarDiaz, Director General at Peru Breathtaking Trips, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Hello Jeremy:
Thanks for the review, is goog to know that you liked that tour.
I hope you got all the sand out of yur body and clothes.
See you next time.

in 4 reviews
"route"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were picked up by our guide Wilma from Puno and travelled by mini-van to the Colca Canyon for a private tour for a couple of days. There were 3 of us in the group, and we had just finished the 4 day Inca trail a couple of days before, and now continued to embark on the southern part of our travels in Peru.

(For those travelling from Puno to Arequipa who want a more flexible schedule than the bus services offered, hiring a car service as part of the package as we had could be a good option, especially if there are a few in the group to split the expense.)

Along our 5-6 hour journey, Wilma regaled us with interesting historical and cultural anecdotes about the people, and the flora and fauna from every region. We immediately appreciated his English proficiency as we learned that he spent several years at a university in Arequipa to earn his tourism degree, which made interacting with him a pleasure.

After a night’s rest at our Hotel (Colca Lodge), we were picked up the next morning and driven to see the condors, at La Cruz del Condor. Fortunately, we were blessed with the ideal condor gliding weather, as we were able to see 3 or 4 condors in a matter of less than an hour, and some flew within several feet of us. After lunch and returning to the hotel, we went on a light guided hike to Yanque. As we were still suffering from the effects of the strenuous Inca trail, Wilma was very accommodating and understanding during our hike as we definitely took less than a thunderous pace!

The next day, we headed back to Arequipa, and en route we dropped into Chivay for a quick visit to the main square and the market.

Even though we only had a couple of days at the Canyon, with the help of Wilma, we were able to soak in some of the culture and marvel at the unending stunning vistas. Certainly, our time was much enriched by our humorous and affable guide, who was always quick with a smile or story. Spending time interacting with him at our lunches and bus rides became as much of a highlight as any other sites on the trip!

So, without hesitation, I highly recommend Wilma and Peru Breath taking Tours to anyone planning a trip to Peru.

Buen Viaje!

3  Thank El_Traveldor
WilmarDiaz, General Manager at Peru Breathtaking Trips, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Hello Traveldor:
It was a pleasure being your guide on that trip we did.
I also want to say "thank you" for writing the review"
Hasta Luego

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I did an overnight Colca Canyon trip with Peru Breathtaking Trips in September 2012, and I can honestly say Wilmar was the most delightful and professional guide I have ever had. I was a tour guide when I was at Uni and Wilmar's knowledge, positivity and spirit made me kind of embarrassed about how I used to be!

Overall, the tour was very well organised and packed a lot into the limited time we had. The only downside was the accommodation which was very basic and a little cold, but apart from that, a great option!

7  Thank Nicole R
WilmarDiaz, Gerente at Peru Breathtaking Trips, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Hello:
First of all thanks for the review and the comments.
And we are trying to improve the tours constantly.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Besides the excelence of our guide, Wilmar, and our drive (and forgive me, but I dont remember his name), my trip to Colca, Chivay, was interesting and beyond my expectations. And I agree: Wilmar is awesome. Congratulations!

1  Thank MaritaBoos
WilmarDiaz, Gerente at Peru Breathtaking Trips, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Hello Marita:
Is good to hear from you and thanks for writing a review. =)