“Lunch at Mares” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Waitstaff
Adelaide, Australia
“Lunch at Mares”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Mares means "seas" so their seafood is their specialty but there are pastas. meat and other dishes. I had a fish meal. It was Corvina fillet served with potatoes and rice with some vegies ( see photo)

Very nice although rice and potatoes is a lot of carbs, it did suit me as carbs is advised for helping acclimatise to altitude.

Service was fast and friendly. It was busy on a Saturday lunchtime. Our meal took a little while but by the time I was wondering it came along. The fresh juice Papaya was awesome.

Ambience was nice, a little noisy from piped music but we sat onthe top deck so it was ok. I think it was too loud for easy conversation if down on the ground level.

Overall tho I would reccommend for a nice lunch. Pricing was ok approx AUD26 for two

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Arequipa, Peru
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

One of my favorite cebicherias in Arequipa. Great environment. Great service (for Peru). Delicious food.

Visited February 2013
Arequipa, Peru
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I absolutely loved it. Had a professional lunch meeting here a while back and I keep looking to take people there. The only problem is that it's a bit out of the way. But other than that, the food is AMAZING, great portions, very well-presented, really good service, and yeah, I can't say enough about the food-- it's fresh, it's inspired and unique, and the taste is incredible. Had a fresh fruit smoothie which was also perfectly flavoured and fresh. Overall a delightful experience and I'll definitely be going back regularly.

• Visited November 2012
San Francisco, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top ceviche experience, not too salty and well balanced flavors.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Peruvian food can often be too salty or too sweet. This venue does a good job of finding the right balance. They also have a magnificent set of choices. I was very happy with the service as well as their take to criticism. The Yucca was a little off so I sent it back and they brought me a new one. No problem:)

Calle San Juan de Dios 250, Centro Historico, Cusco
“Terrible dissapointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Everything but the ambiance was terrible, we went in because we saw a beautiful restaurant, but the food was terrible, not only did it come out late but the ceviche had a spice called ajinomoto wich is really terrible and it´s the only thing you could taste on the dish, we did not finish it, and we ALWAYS finish our cebiches. The resto of the meal was not as terrible as the cebiche but it was not good either. And it was pricy so it´s a terrible value, I´ll never go again

Visited May 2012