Tierrasur Hotel
Travelocity
$88
$85
Orbitz.com
Hostal La Reyna(Arequipa)(Great Value!)
$16
$14
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights. While the staff were friendly, they were not often responsive to our needs. I had to wait for an hour and a half to take a shower (in another room) because there was no hot water in our part of the hotel; I was only made aware of this after having called the reception 3 times. They sent a “plumber/bellboy” two times to test the water and then nothing for another half hour! They seemed quite disorganized and uncaring. Our triple room was old-looking and dark as most lights were not working. There again we had to ask for bulbs to be replaced. On the other hand, the room stayed too bright during the night as a light from the hallway was shining directly in our room through an indoor window high up in the wall as well as from the next door bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed here two nights, with a trip to Colca Canyon in between. This was a Jekyl and Hyde of Hotels for us, as the first night was terrible, and the second night was fine. For us it all depended on the room. The first night we had a room over the street which was so noisy we were not able to get any sleep. Then to top it off in the morning we had no hot water. The breakfast was tied as the worst of our trip, no eggs, and very little fruit. There was very slow WiFi in the room, and we had to move the bed in order to find an outlet we could use. There was no lockbox in the room, but the wake up call was only a few minutes late the first morning, but was non-existant the second morning. Luckily we had gotten up on our own anyway.

The second night we got an interior room which was wonderful, and constructed of Ashlar, very nice. It had plenty of hot water, and had the highest water presssure of any hotel on our trip. It was also very quiet. It was a smokers room, but didn't didn't smell. It did take a couple calls to get towels, as the room did not have any when we checked in.

No lockboxes in the rooms, but the hotel had a great location, just a couple blocks form the Plaza and Lima Street. The staff was pleasant, but not that organized, we had some laundry done there, and it took 15 minutes just to find the charge so we could pay for it on checkout.

Even though we really enjoyed the second night's room, I wouldn't chance staying there again and possibly getting a street room, and I would look for a hotel with a better breakfast, but near the same location as this one was.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room, we liked 107.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 67patrol
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel the last 4 times I have traveled to Arequipa. Here is a summary of my experiences:
PROS: Clean, safe and ideally located. The rooms are spacious, there is hot water available and adequately comfortable beds. The hotel staff is kind although not necessarily proficient in their work. Extra patience is needed for getting things done, or especially when checking out and having to work up a receipt. Not so great at English, but they are patient with those who don't speak Spanish. There a few nice extras with towel designs on the beds and some furniture available for sitting on in the rooms.

CONS: Lots of traffic and dogs barking which can make for a difficult sleep if unaccustomed to noise. WIFI IS ALWAYS AN ISSUE. I travel for business, and have never been very successful in getting a reliable connection. It comes and goes, with limited predictability and reliability. Even when I could connect, it was spotty at best unless right in the lobby and even then it was slow and broken. It looks like right now there is some expansion of the facility, which makes for dust and noise, but I think will be a plus in the not too distant future. The breakfast offered has something to be desired, but is ok. It is important to know that there are eggs that can be ordered for breakfast (you would not know that other than asking)- this improves breakfast tremendously, but I only knew that after my 10th day staying at this hotel.

I would recommend this hotel, as long as you know in advance that you may have to do your internet elsewhere. Price is right and the other plusses outweigh the minuses.

Room Tip: Higher seems to be better as it is away from the street noise and the rooms seem to be a bit more spacious. I would ask for a room near to the elevator as that is where the wifi devices are and MAY increase your luck at least a little.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Mark V
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Really good place with Internet, breakfast included and perfect location near Plaza de Armas. Friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ask for 101!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2011

The hotel surpassed my expectations. I stayed for two nights and the staff were always very helpful, serviceminder and willing to answer questions patiently and in a good mood. They gave me tips about restaurants and sightseeing. Very clean and centrally located, Excellent hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business