qp Hotels Arequipa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Los Tambos(Arequipa)
Casa Arequipa(Arequipa)
$72
$61
  • Breakfast included
Hostal La Reyna(Arequipa)(Great Value!)
$16
$14
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon. We were upgraded and the staff were amazingly helpful. The hotel was clean and the beds really comfy. Wished we could have stayed longer as after a long day at the canyon the beds were just what we needed!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
qpHotels, E-commerce Executive at qp Hotels Arequipa, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for preferring qp Hotels. We would like to take the chance to encourage you to use our upgrade coupons at the upper part of our tripadvisor profile for your next trip. With these coupons you will be able to get a complimentary room upgrade

Hoping to hear from you soon. And remember that we can stay connected through our official social networks.

© qp Hotels

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at this amazing hotel for 2 days and it was one of the best hotels in peru. The staff is very helpful and the location is just great. we could not ask for a better hotel in this wonderful city. We got a great price on the internet and after checking out the other hotels we were glad that we took this one. We had no idea that this was a four star hotel with this price. I hope they do not change the price anytime soon. The breakfast could be better. The hotel manager told us that they are changing the breakfast soon. I hope so. Also try the free beer that they offer.

Room Tip: we stayed at room 305
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
qpHotels, E-commerce Executive at qp Hotels Arequipa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guest:

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We take the chance to point out that the Ashlar is the finest stone masonry unit and along with the archs, these elements add a unique style to our hotel. We would like to Thank you for the restaurant suggestion

Remember that we can stay connected through our official social networks.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

© qp Hotels

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I got a great deal on this hotel by emailing the qp chain from their website.
The manager was very helpful suggesting places to eat and see and places to avoid.
Great location 2.5 blocks from main plaza
Rooms were very comfortable with twin king beds and a kitchenette.
Highly recommended for a little luxury

• Stayed: March 2013
qpHotels, E-Commerce Executive at qp Hotels Arequipa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest:

We would like to thank you for your preference. It is a wise decision to contact us through our website. This is because we always offer much better and hotter deals for those who contact us via our official website. It always worth the try to give us a call for rates and availability requests.

We will be hoping to hear from you soon. Remember that we can stay connected through our official social networks.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

this is a very clean and modern hotel in a great location of city center. the room are big very modern. the building is a mixture of old and modern. beautiful view of the river. the restaurant needs more lighting. the staff is wonderful. they arrange everything from airport to my trip to colca.
I got a very good price online and I pleased with the rooms and the service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your encouraging lines. Every post of our guests means a lot to our hotel. And this is because in each written line there would be a clue for a better improvement.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were very much looking forward to our stay in Arequipa, because we had heard so much about the beautiful architecture. The hotel itself is chic and well-designed, merging minimal design with the original sillar building, which was originally a bank. Unfortunately for us, the good stuff ended there.

We found that the general staff was cold and a little short with us. This includes the front desk staff, as well as the young woman working in the breakfast/dining area. The only staff who felt genuinely welcoming and friendly were the two managers, with whom we had to deal with quite a lot, unfortunately.

Our first shock was our laundry bill. I sent out a large load of laundry and received a bill for a little over US$100.00! Seriously! To be fair, we did not have a clue about the prices before we sent the laundry out, but we thought that this was crazy, so be warned! The second issue that we had was our final bill for the entire stay. When we were checking out, we were charged double for the room. The problem in this case was that when I handed the night manager my reservation confirmation, I gave him the their reservation as well as the one from my hotel in Lima, by accident. The price for the hotel in Lima (which was approximately double the price of qp Hotels) was used, even though it was far more than the rates posted at the front desk. Further to this negative experience, my partner's rain jacket, which we had sent out with the laundry, was not returned with the rest of our clothes. We were told that we "forgot" the jacket in the closet of our room, but the jacket was listed no where on our itemized receipt for the laundry, and having not used the closet the whole time that we were there, we did not think to check the closet, although I suspect that it may not have been there to begin with. We only noticed that the jacket was missing when we were back in Lima, so we called the hotel to ask about the jacket. We were told that we forgot it in the closet and that they would be able to send it to us for a fee. I told them that they should send it for free, considering our overall experience at the hotel. They told me that they would try to figure it out and that they would call me back. Unfortunately, this never happened and I had to call them back myself. The manager, Lourdes, seemed surprised on the phone when I told her what was going on, and she was somewhat apologetic. Later on, I spoke to a male manager, who was even more apologetic and very understanding while he addressed some of my concerns. In the end we received the jacket free of charge, which is only fair, because I suspect that it was forgotten since it wasn't on the bill! Worst of all as far as experiences goes, however, was during breakfast. On the first day, I had noticed a hair on the cheese platter. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning, I think. On our second day, however, in my omelettle (I am vegetarian and had specified that to the waitress) there was a large sprinkling of ham, which I had only noticed a few bites in. Just the thought that I may have eaten meat makes me truly ill, and ultimately is reflective of my overall experience at this hotel. It looks pretty and well-designed. It has the aura of a high-end place, but the staff (with the exception of the managers, and maybe one friendly young woman) really bring the place down.

I was given a few excuses about why these things happened. For the laundry, it was because I did not read the instructions about where the laundry would be placed - for ironed items (who the hell irons a raincoat) they would be in the closet. For the meat in my omelette, the waitress said that her kitchen staff made a mistake. For the being charged double, that was the paper that I gave them (my fault). For the rude staff, I was told that english intimidates them. So basically, no I felt like no one was at fault...except maybe me. For the record, my partner spoke fluent spanish to the staff and she felt that they were rude to her, too.

Overall, this was one of the worst experiences I have EVER had at a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple