“It's ok”

Casa Andina Standard Arequipa
Ranked #13 of 101 Hotels in Arequipa
Reviewed March 12, 2014

But nothing special. Everything is just spectacularly average. The only good thing I can think of is the wifi speed which is impressive. Nothing is terrible, but nothing is great either. And even though it's only a few mins walk from the central square I don't think this is a destination hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Standard Arequipa, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear guest,

We appreciate your feedback in regards our Classic Arequipa Hotel.

We are sorry to know that we did not fulfill your expectations during your last stay. We would like to mention you, that Casa Andina offers three different brands: Classic, Select and Private Collection. Our Classic brand, offers basic services for our tourist travelers.

On the other hand, we are glad you were able to use the wi-fi without any problem.

Cordially,

The Casa Andina Team

There are newer reviews for Casa Andina Standard Arequipa

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night ,the hotel is quiet and is walking distance from all the tourist attractions. It's located approx. 8 min. from Plaza de Armas really good place for stay , Rooms are clean and comfortable .The staff were very welcoming very friendly and helpful especially Gustavo and Andrea who made us feel at home great staff!!, I will definitely stay here again next time I visit Peru/ Arequipa! thank you Casa Andina !!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We got this hotel as part of an Adventure World Package. Our standard room was OK, clean, a reasonably noise free (Cockerels wake early in Arequipa). There are enough good restaurants nearby to make this a good location. Its a 15 minute walk to the main square. Reception staff were helpful. We also used the restaurant for dinner and it was OK.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Hotel has a very good location - in the city center. The food is fine. Rooms are not big, but well organized. I cannot find disadvantage. All places are clean and tidy. I recommend this hotel for backpackers, families and travelers.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Overall I was pleased with my stay. I was in Arequipa on business
I had no problem communicating to them in English (I am fluent in Spanish and English).

I enjoyed walking around the city center and there were plenty of restaurants to choose from nearby.

Pro- I had a problem that was caused by the company I was visiting and the receptionists were very helpful in helping me. Romnia (a receptionist) even called her brother when she thought that he might have a solution to my problem.

Con- There was a problem with the internet while I was staying there and I had troubles getting connected. When I complained they told me about the problem and they lent me a wireless adapter (through the cell towers). I had some problems with that too. I stayed there 3 nights and had really bad troubles for only one of the nights.
They have different network names in different parts of the hotel. So if you connect in your room, you may have to connect to a different named network in the lounge. This was a little obnoxious.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank T F
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The hotel has a handy central location which enables you to walk to some places of interest. We stayed in a superior room for one night whilst on our travels We were very happy with the large size of the room and the fact that it had dining/seating area leading off it. The on suite was completely adequate and clean if a little tired.

The breakfast was continental and we have no complaints. The hotel staff were friendly and helfpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bakery3
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have stayed at another Casa Andina and my travel agent recommended this property. What a dump!!! The staff are helpful however the foyer is grotty, there is no air conditioning, no room service etc etc and I couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank juliannekillara
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Standard Arequipa, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Classic Arequipa hotel. We appreciate your comments regarding your stay.

We would like to mention you that Casa Andina has three brands within Peru: Private Collection, Classic and Select. Our Classics hotels offer travelers the basic facilities and services to enjoy a comfortable stay highlighting our service quality. However, we regret we did not fulfill your expectations.

We look forward to you giving us another chance to serve you again in the future.

Best regards,