TripAdvisor
Arequipa
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews honeymoon suite minute walk eggs breakfast is served boutique hotel perfect english first floor small hotel surrounding mountains three nights bread juice home away from home quiet neighborhood lovely hotel top floor plaza de armas
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is comfortable, clean, and friendly. They have heaters, nice beds and good water pressure. The hotel renegotiated a late checkout through the day with us due to inclement weather and my Peru Hop bus being late. Initially I was told by one staff member that I would not be charged. Was under the impression this was a courtesy as we stayed for three nights and the hotel was not busy. Then at checkout had to pay $40. The staff member wanted me to pay cash even though I paid with card for my initial stay, this leads me to believe he wanted to pocket the money. Sketchy. This is unprofessional and I regret they did this because it is a nice place. It saddens me to leave a two star review.

2  Thank Stephen O
Reviewed July 22, 2018

Step into old word era of this beautiful Casa. Comfortable and spacious rooms, good beds and linen, lovely bathrooms and beautiful decor throughout. A simple but tasty Breakfast is served on the roof-top dinning room with views of Misty Mountain. Just far enough out of the main area to be quiet, but close enough for a short taxi ride. While the Casa is superb, the staff are truly delightful, warm, friendly and most inviting. We can't wait to return to Casa Arequipa, home away from home.

Room tip: Upstairs rooms would be my preference
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank nik263
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

This historic colonial house is in excellent condition and makes a romantic and cozy get away in Arequipa. Comfortable beds, clean washrooms and friendly host results in the ideal stay. Breakfast is upstairs on the roof (covered) allowing for spectacular views of the volcanic mountains and city scape. One of the best places we have stayed. Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 31, 2018

What a joy this hotel was. A little out of the town centre so quieter location without being far away. Exquisite decor, old world style. Each area immaculately painted and furnished. Breakfast terrace looking out at the mountains and volcano was delightful. Staff very friendly and providing a really personal service. Breakfast individually prepared. Lovely restaurant a 2 minute walk away.

Room tip: Think all the rooms are lovely but maybe upstairs would have better views.
Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed April 19, 2018

We stayed at Casa Arequipa for 4 nights and even considered not doing our treks so we could stay longer! The rooms are lovely and spacious, the building is beautiful and the breakfast is delicious. The most impressive thing about the entire experience are the staff. Everyone was great and couldn't do enough to help us - (2 English backpackers with awful Spanish). A particular mention for Silvana - what a lovely person! Casa Arequipa has so much more character than the larger hotels we saw on our walks into the main square. Highly Recommended.

Room tip: There are ten rooms - all different. We stayed in the Balcony Room which was lovely but I'm sure they are all great.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AREQUIPACASA, Manager at Casa Arequipa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Dear Lucie G.

Thank you very much for share your comments with Tripadvisor community .
We are really glad to know that you spend a wonderful time in Casa Arequipa , it is great to know that you definetely enjoyed our outstanding and helfulservice .
Casa Arequipa´s team thank you very much .
we hope to have your visit again in the future.
Dámaso LLerena.