Casa Arequipa
$118
$71
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrose roomeggsboutique hotelsized bedbreakfast roomfresh breadjuicesmall hoteltwo nightslovely hotelcoca teaa wonderful stayrooftop terracebreakfast was excellentthe main squarecasataxi
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in the Casa Arequipa. The hotel itself is small but lovely. I stayed in the balcony room, but I saw several other rooms and they all looked very good to me. The staff are friendly, kind and very helpful. The breakfast is excellent, and the breakfast room and patio provide a great view of Misti volcano most of the year. (During the rainy season it often hides in cloud). Most reviews mention that it is a 15 minute walk to the center, but I did it consistently in 12 minutes. There are many good restaurants in the city center, but there is also a good and rather high-end restaurant (Sambambaia's) very close to the hotel - just a 1 minute walk. Unlike many hotels in the center of town, the Casa Arequipa is pretty quiet at night, providing for a good night's sleep.

Michael B. (USA)

Room Tip: I think you will be happy with any of them. The street noise at night is minimal in this area, and I had no trouble sleeping even in a room facing the street.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Wow I had high expectations of this hotel and it exceeded them. The rooms are really lovely and comfortable. The lobby is just beautiful and a great place to hang out. Breakfast on the roof is amazing. But the people who work there really make it even nicer - they were so accommodating and friendly and kind. There were 7 of us in our group, all in our 40's and 50's, and we all consider staying at this hotel one of our highlights of Peru.

Some bonus things they did for us: we were able to leave some of our luggage in our rooms while we hiked in Colca Canyon for 3 days and when we returned our luggage was waiting for us in the same rooms - I can't tell you how nice that was! We also ordered pizza two nights we were there and ate it in the lobby (we ate so well at lunch those two days we didn't have space to eat dinner out as well) and they took care of plates, etc for us. The day we flew out we had to be at the airport early and they had coffee waiting for us (we drank a lot of coffee there).

The only bad thing was probably out of Casa Arequipa's control but there was a party nearby the last night we were there (It was unclear to me if the party was next door at the school or up on the roof) and a few of my friends didn't get much sleep because of the noise.

Room Tip: Since there were 7 of us, we had 5 different rooms at the hotel and all of them were nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joanne G
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We adored this hotel - it is friendly and intimate, with beautiful furnishings and decorations in both the bedrooms and public rooms. Breakfast on the rooftop terrace with views towards El Misti is stunning and the staff so helpful. We enjoyed the walk along leafy roads, past beautiful colonial houses to the town center - and the location in this calm neighbourhood ensures peaceful nights.
Of all the great hotels we stayed in during our holiday in Peru this was definitely one of the best - and great value for money.
Gill - from France

Room Tip: We stayed in the Library Room which was delightful - peaking into other rooms they all looked great - each individually decorated. Do specify whether you want a twin or king size bed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gill-in-france
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed for three nights here. The staff were polite and very attentive. The location is a 15 minute walk from the central plaza but that's not a problem. The breakfast was good and the views were excellent.

Room Tip: We did get bitten by bugs when we stayed in the Andina/Andes room but hopefully they've sorted that out now
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the hotel and felt like home.
the staff is very friendly and helpful. A nice breakfast is included and the view from the terrace is awesome!
You can walk downtown but I recommend taking a cab that the hotel will arrange for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family