“Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu Top notch organization”

Peru Adventure Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #22 of 52 Tours in Arequipa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Peruvian Tour Company Recognized And Recommended By The Travel Guide Such As Footprint South American Handbook and other guide books to Peru.PERU ADVENTURE TOURS is a well established quality tour company with two main offices in Peru (Arequipa and Cusco). The tour company employs operation assistants and representative all over Peru to cover every booked tour as cultural and adventure trip. The tour company is leaded by Saul Ceron Carrasco (official tour guide - University Degree), who know and loves to be guide and after 12 years working in the industry of the tourism as guide in Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador and north of Chile he decide to found PERU ADVENTURE TOURS E.I.R.L in 2004.PERU ADVENTURE TOURS is competent in organize luxury and adventurous tours with huge variety of cultural and outdoor activities such as trekking tours, climbing tours, mountain bike tours, horseback riding tours, white river rafting excursions, quad bike trips, sandboarding, 4x4 off road expeditions, jungle tours, historical excursions, family trips, visits to Manu biosphere reserve and Puerto Maldonado rainforest, lake Titicaca, over flight Nazca lines, Colca and Cotahuasi canyon treks and daily tours to Machu Picchu and sacred valley of the Incas.PERU ADVENTURE TOURS tour leaders, guides, drivers, office staff, cooks, porters and horsemen are paid professional wages.PERU ADVENTURE TOURS does not exploit its employees and does not abuse through delayed wage or salary payments, which is a too usual practice among most agencies employing humble people with little means. If you visit us or travel with us, please do not hesitate to ask any of our staff to verify that this is true. Moreover, all direct employees are registered with the company.PERU ADVENTURE TOURS services come with the proper administrative support, the experience, the respect, the seriousness and the punctuality of every team member. PERU ADVENTURE TOURS work harmoniously with Tour Operators, Guides, Hotels, Bus Companies and Airlines in each city of Peru, all of them certified and guaranteed to provide the best for our clients and organized groups. Custom itineraries, including vacations packages, feature all categories of accommodation, as well as private or group touring to any destinations you choose. The Classic, Cultural and Adventurous itineraries in Peru for individuals or big groups and longer can be organized any day and anywhere including Lodging, domestic flights, camping gear, 4x4 supporting vehicle, climbing gear, tour guides, porters, professional cook and 24 hours online supporting.PERU ADVENTURE TOURS was established planning to be the best travel agency and to deliver an unfailingly high level of service, paired with an equally high regard for ecological concerns, and a product that combines technology and quality with best value for our clients
Peterborough, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu Top notch organization”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Peru Adventure Tours handled our trek to Machu Picchu via Salkantay. Representative and guide showed up at our Cusco hotel right on schedule the night before, and we were picked up at the hotel next morning and driven to the trail head. As it turns out, we were the only 2 trekkers. All arrangements were excellent and the trek went smoothly...it's a rigorous trek at moderately high altitude, but safe and well supported...guides brought along an extra horse just in case, though we didn't have to ride. This is a beautiful hike, and all of the arrangements and itinerary selections made by Peru Adventure Tours were wonderful, in our opinion equal to or superior to other tours we encountered....very trustworthy organization, highly recommended.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Pat M

USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had a full day private tour with Saul last month from Arequipa in his jeep. We left at 8 AM came back around 6--a full day. He took me to see Toro Meurto petroglyphs and the dinosaur tracks discovered in 2003. We also stopped by and saw an ancient pre-columbian burial site. Only the first part of the itinerary was on my list, I didn't even know about the other two sites. A fun surprise. I had already seen the Colca Canyon so this was a thrill. Saul is a great tour guide. He lets you wonder around and explore by yourself like I like to do, or he will guide and explain things. Peru Adventure Tours answered all my correspondence and my guide arrived on time the morning of the tour. Very happy with result.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank adventure0
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beyond the expected”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Peru Adventures offers many opportunities to explore the area around Arequipa. I did the Misti mountain biking and the sandboarding/bird sanctuary excursions with my friend. Both trips were fun and well-organized, but the best aspect of them was that we got to see a diverse range of beautiful geography, as well as local villages and towns. The friendliness and knowledge of the guides ensured that both trips went beyond the stated activities. For example, we received great food recommendations from Saul and the biking guides. Our discussion went beyond where to eat to include some facts about Peruvian cuisine and food culture. Also, the company is very generous with the snacks and beverages. I've been on trips that have not even provided a water bottle, so I was appreciative of the water, sports drinks, local fruits, and other snacks that were provided.

Saul himself took us on the sandboarding/bird excursion. He talked to us about the local area, the geography, the economy, and the various agricultural industries. We stopped for lunch in Modello, on the coast, and enjoyed excellent seafood. We had mentioned earlier in the day that we had enjoyed chica morada, so at lunch Saul got us two large pitchers for the table. We also stopped for some sweets in local villages on the ride back to Arequipa.

Booking was easy. I emailed a week or so in advance. We received confirmation, I filled out the form and paid the deposit. When we arrived in Arequipa, they had our records waiting. We paid the balance and were on our way. Having working in the hospitality industry, I know that there is an unfortunately large subset of people who cannot follow directions and who do not think fees and policies apply to them. I think it's likely that most if not all of the poor/terrible reviews are from those who belong in this category.

If you want to engage in great activities with a locally-owned company employing friendly guides who can give you some insight into how locals really live, then consider this Peru Adventures.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank worldtrekker85
DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Come for the downhill mountain biking, but stay for the sand boarding”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am legitimately surprised to see any negative reviews. My friend and I took a chance with Peru Adventure Tours and are so glad we did. It made our time in Arequipa unforgettable.

Day 1: Downhill mountain biking near the El Misti base. We opted for the afternoon ride, which ended up being perfect. Nice weather, saw the sunset as we came into the city limits of Arequipa. The guide and driver were extremely friendly. Just note that this is not for the faint of heart. Downhill biking is seriously challenging and a great workout. Be prepared to wipe out once or twice -- I did, but totally fine with the full pads that were provided. My only suggestion to people wanting to go downhill biking is to wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt.

Day 2: Sandboarding. But so much more. Saul personally took my buddy and I to the dunes he discovered an hour outside of the city. Using his truck, we went off roading until we got to the dunes. I should probably mention that Saul is an off road enthusiast and frequent rally car driver, so this plus to other off roading we did was a ton of fun. After showing us the ropes we proceeded to sandboard, which we had never done before, but would easily pick up again. After two hours of Sandboarding and one last run down a massive 200 ft dune at 70 degrees, Saul drove us to the coast to have fresh seafood for lunch at a local restaurant. This place in of itself was incredible -- 20 soles for a heaping plate of fried squid, potatoes, rice and salad, plus a bunch of chicka morada to wash it down. After lunch we went to a bird sanctuary on the coast. I can't say that I was too excited at first, but after going I'm really glad Saul included it in the itinerary. Saul was one of the biggest highlights of our two days. He explained everything and answered all of our questions. Additionally, we stopped several times on the way home and sampled fresh biscuits and sugar cane.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank justinHK
Orlando, Florida
“Some parts were good and others just ok”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were a group of 10 and booked Peru adventure Tours for a trip to Colca Canyon and a trip to MachuPicchu. The trip to Colca Canyon was great. Saul met us at the airport witha driver and our tour guide. The driver and tour guide whose name is Harley i believe were great! They were very friendly, very flexible, and very knowledgeable. Our trip to Macupicchu was just ok. It does require a lot of plannign and transfers so tickets for each transfer and on this piece Peru Adventures managed it well but our tour guide Cynthia was just ok. She didnt give us as mnay details on the ruins and we felt a bit rushed but all in all it was ok. I was nervous just as many others to wire 50% for a group of TEN!! but it worked out they delivered what they promised and we had no big issues. We booked our own hotels though which is what I recommend if you want more than just a bed...

Visited May 2012