“Best Coffee in Arequipa”

Boveda San Augustin
Ranked #107 of 553 Restaurants in Arequipa
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

I have been going to this restaurant for breakfast for years. It always has good food, but the coffee is the best.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is BEAUTIFUL. The inside has a stage for live shows but it reminds me of the plays of the 50s and the balcony has a great view of the main square.

The food is good, I wouldn't call it better than that. But I also can't complain. I'm just used to eating better. My boyfriend loved the chupe de camarones though.

What I will complain about is that they allow vendors and people asking for donations into the restaurant. They come up to you and insist you give them money even as you're eating, making any meal super uncomfortable. It wasn't a pleasant situation.

Service was also slow. I'm American but have tanner skin and it seemed that they treated blondes and lighter skinned people better. Maybe it was an off day but it was my impression and that bothered me as well.

Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

I ate twice here, dinner downstairs and lunch on the terrace overviewing the Plaza de Armas. Menu is also in English with many photos.

In both cases the food was good (Lomo Saltado Sandwich and Rocoto Relleno Dish) and the prices reasonable. in both cases (to my surprise) I was the only Gringo there. All other people seemed to be locals, the restaurant however clearly also targets tourists.
It's definitely tasty and good food. Not fine cuisine, but solid choice of restaurant.

Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

The view onto the square is really awesome. Service as well as the food was only average though. Prices are, of course, quite high. All in all, nothing special

Reviewed September 26, 2016

A very nice restaurant with a great view of Plaza de Armas from its terrace on the first floor. Good cuisine and nice environment.
Only bad note: I paid with my credit card, and they charged me a few soles more then the amout written on the bill, and when I asked why, they told me was my bank's fault due to currency exchange (?!?). I didn't like this approach, if they wanted to charge me the tip or some extra costs, they would have done well to simply tell me, easy.