“So many ways to enjoy potatoes!”
Review of Hatunpa

Hatunpa
Ranked #17 of 472 Restaurants in Arequipa
Cuisines: Peruvian, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome WE ARE HATUNPA and the potatoes are our passion. Our concept is a base of boiled potatoes, served "skin on" in slices, covered with the topping of your choice. We have hot and cold toppings; with beef, alpaca, chicken, tuna and vegetables choices; with Peruvian and international flavors. We hope you enjoy it !!
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Firstly this is a small cafe not a restaurant but DO give it a chance. We had a full evening meal here and it was excellent - from the amazing speciality drinks, the amazing choice of potatoes (over 300 varieties in Peru alone), the desserts (potatoes but you would never know it) and the charming host and his wife who were so attentive and warm - they deserve a bigger place!

DelsolArequipa, Propietario at Hatunpa, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear friends,
Thanks a lot for your time in writing this nice review and for help us
to let people what we have in our little place.
Cecilia ans myself (just very good friends) enjoy very much spending time with
everyone who visite us.
Hope your review bring us more visitors

Sincerally

Hatunpa Owners

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Triedmthismlittle restaurant based on Trip Advisor's ranking as # 2 of restaurants in Arequipa. It was right around the corner from our charming colonial hotel, San Augustin and as it was a rainy evening we were happy to have a place to eat close by.
The owner Cesar is very knowledgeable and when asked what an item was on the drinks menu, he explained how it was made AND provided a sample for tasting.
My vegetarian option was fresh and tasty and large enough I could not finish it all. My husband's chicken dish was delicious according to,him and get filling. No room for dessert unfortunately as I would have liked to try one.
If we were in Arequipa for a longer stay, I would definitely eat here again. Delicious food, attentive service and great prices. A combination that can't be beat.

Dear Friends,

we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visite to Hatuunpa.
Our deal is to let anyone to taste and know about what we have in our
little options of food and drinks.
Thanks a lot for your time in writing this nice review.

Sincerelly

Reviewed February 5, 2013

After being in Peru for almost 3 weeks I was getting a bit bored of Lomo Saltado (although I do really like it) and quinoa soup and budget ‘Menu del Dio’s’. So in Arequipa I tried to find something different but still affordable as we’re travelling on a budget. I read about Hatunpa on Trip Advisor and went and checked it out for lunch. It’s really very simple. Every dish consists of a bed of sliced potatoes – I had a mix of sweet potato and normal potatoes. You then choose want dish you want to go over the top. There’s only a handful of choices so it’s not difficult and the menu is in both Spanish and English. The owner is also there to help you and is very friendly. I had Rocoto Renallo (not too spicy) and it was delicious. The price is great and the dish is very filling. They do Inka Kola too so I was able to get my daily fix of the neon liquid. Highly recommended! Hatunpa that is, not Inka Kola.

1  Thank Iammmattdoran

Dear Friend,
Thanks so much for your comment; we are happy to know that you enjoyed your visit to our place.
best regards

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very tasty food at a great price! So glad we went and will go again next time we're in Arequipa. A warm welcome and great service. What more could you want! Owner was very friendly and had very good English. Best meal we've had in South America.

1  Thank Craybould10
DelsolArequipa, Propietario at Hatunpa, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your contribution , it will certainly help other guests coming to visit us!

All the best,

Cecilia & César
Hatunpa Team

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Just by chance we came upon this jewel of a restaurant. Multi lingual owner was quick to take our order and the food arrived piping hot. Many vegetarian options. Good choice.

1  Thank Helgale

Thank you so much for your contribution, it will certainly help other guests coming to visit us!

All the best,